Nem ID- green gigantea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CakeyCake
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CakeyCake

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
32
Reaction score
60
Location
South SF Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this nem about an hour ago. It was labeled as a carpet anemone with no scientific name. I want to know what kind it is so I can place it in the best spot possible.

Any help is appreciated!

IMG_20201130_164336.jpg IMG_20201130_164205.jpg IMG_20201130_161217.jpg IMG_20201130_161142.jpg
 
It looks like a S. gigantea. However, if you post a clear, in focus picture of the column I can tell for sure. The upper column near the oral plate.
 
Yep, stichodactyla gigantea.
 
It looks like a S. gigantea. However, if you post a clear, in focus picture of the column I can tell for sure. The upper column near the oral plate.
Not sure if these pics are good enough
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201130_172039.jpg
    IMG_20201130_172039.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20201130_172105.jpg
    IMG_20201130_172105.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20201130_172108.jpg
    IMG_20201130_172108.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 52
I want to see the verrucae on the column. It is hard to see. That anemone is at least a Gigante-Haddoni hybrid, or else a full Gigantea. Tine will tell. When he is healthier and less stressed, we can easily tell.
 
I want to see the verrucae on the column. It is hard to see. That anemone is at least a Gigante-Haddoni hybrid, or else a full Gigantea. Tine will tell. When he is healthier and less stressed, we can easily tell.

TYSM! Ill probably ask again when it has acclimated and isn't stressed lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new