Nem Split

jgabbsxx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2023
Messages
133
Reaction score
90
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work for lunch & my nem was looking spectacular. I just came home & my nem is now split. I see splitting is both good and bad…how do I know if this was a good split? lol.

Of course my oh so smart tang got a little sting from it because the other half has moved into his little hiding rock.

IMG_7268.jpeg
 
If they continue to look good, it's all good. If one start looking bad, you will know it.
 
Unless the split was due to an injury or a deliberate forced split (via cutting), it should be fine.
 
Is that a condy? I didn’t think those split. If it is a condy, are you sure it’s not 1 nem that found a hole in the rock or something?
 
Is that a condy? I didn’t think those split. If it is a condy, are you sure it’s not 1 nem that found a hole in the rock or something?
Nope, its a Chicago Sunburst. I cant get lightning to look good from in person to phone so everything looks super washed out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new