neon dottyback

johna2477

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a neon dottyback 2 days ago and have not seen it since. It got put in a 30 gallon bio cube. I have no idea if it has eaten or not. Dont know where it can be hiding. i have looked through the tank and only see my 2 clown fish.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not uncommon for these type of fish when they enter a new environment. Unless he got into your pipe flow system somehow or jumped out and is behind the tank.

OP
OP
J

johna2477

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not uncommon for these type of fish when they enter a new environment. Unless he got into your pipe flow system somehow or jumped out and is behind the tank.
how long would it take for him to reapear? I have looked in my internal sump and all around the outside of the tank to make sure he did not jump out. There is not a lot pf hiding spots unless hes hiding in one the agronite rocks holes

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long would it take for him to reapear? I have looked in my internal sump and all around the outside of the tank to make sure he did not jump out. There is not a lot pf hiding spots unless hes hiding in one the agronite rocks holes
Do you have a dog or a cat?

He is likely hiding but mine always came out during feedings.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wifi camera and watch remotely if you’re super curious.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, my orchid dottyback hides in the tiniest of holes in all of my rockwork, she's basically claimed the entire rockscape as hers. She chases off the Pajama Cardinals if they get anywhere near the rocks. I did a lot of work inside the tank one day (moved around some things to make everything more stable/provide more flow) and I didn't see the orchid dottyback for 3 days. She all of a sudden came out during feeding one morning.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the others answered this. They are masters at hiding in small holes.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back