NeoPhos Dosing

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOp- Yup. I went to remove my po4 cubes from my reactor and I think it made a little dust spread. Now the po4 went from 0ppm to 3ppm

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOp- Yup. I went to remove my po4 cubes from my reactor and I think it made a little dust spread. Now the po4 went from 0ppm to 3ppm

Might not be a true reading, if there is cloudiness of calcium phosphate in the water.

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might not be a true reading, if there is cloudiness of calcium phosphate in the water.
How would you handle this situation of fluke gross dosing of disodium phosphates in a 91 gallon? (and the algae and bacterial blooms to come for the next few months)

Last edited:

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think lanthanum is a reasonable approach.
Ok So just dosing lanthanum will suffice? No more water changes and siphon on the substrate? I took my sump apart and cleaned up all of the white stuff all over. Lots of clumps and powdery film on the glass and equipment. been dosing bacteria.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok So just dosing lanthanum will suffice? No more water changes and siphon on the substrate? I took my sump apart and cleaned up all of the white stuff all over. Lots of clumps and powdery film on the glass and equipment. been dosing bacteria.

That is the route I would take.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to be clear- straight up Lanthunum Chloride 99.9% ? What if I just grab some elimi-phos at brs since that has lanthanum in it?

That's a fine choice, as far as I know.

Pelagikos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dosed with analytical grade trisodium phosphate. Using food grade is probably better. I add 2 tablespoons of trisodium phosphate crystals into a gallon of RODI for the phosphate stock solution. A teaspoon of the stock solution in your tank should give you about .02 ppm.
How often?

cloudisback1997

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I gave that a shot last night, adding 2mL. Waited about an hour or longer and tested phosphates (red sea test) and still got 0 phosphates. Any ideas why? I guess at this point I just need to experiment by adding more. Maybe I'll try 5 mL and see what happens.
Are you running a refugium.or scrubber If you are. Don’t have light on too long. It will eat your phosphates quickly at that dose.

Back