Neptune Apex 2016 Replacement Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter mtraylor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
2,878
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to ask around for people whom have replaced their Neptune Apex head units out of warranty. I purchased my Apex on my frag tank back in 2019. It stopped working several weeks ago. So I contacted support and they helped me identify it was the head unit that went bad. I went to LFS and bought new head unit as it controls my ATO, calc reactor etc. Now I'm gong through the process of the old one replacement.

Option 1.
They give a link where you can buy a refurb for 299 instead of 399. So $100 dollars off. Then they state after they inspect your unit that you send back ....you may or may not get a partial refund back on the 299 replacement you already spent

Option 2.
Send your unit in and find out how much your refurb will be after they inspect it.

As I already have a new one that I bought from LFS. I"m trying to determine if its worth my while to get a backup to put in the closet in case something goes out again. I have 2 units. So I'm trying to find the average price paid for refurb. If they basically make you pay $299..to me its not worth it...but If I was to pay no more than say 150 then I would get the refurb for a backup.

So anyone that has been through the options. Can you chime in on average price for the refurb replacements. Is there such thing as a $150 refurb?
 
I wanted to ask around for people whom have replaced their Neptune Apex head units out of warranty. I purchased my Apex on my frag tank back in 2019. It stopped working several weeks ago. So I contacted support and they helped me identify it was the head unit that went bad. I went to LFS and bought new head unit as it controls my ATO, calc reactor etc. Now I'm gong through the process of the old one replacement.

Option 1.
They give a link where you can buy a refurb for 299 instead of 399. So $100 dollars off. Then they state after they inspect your unit that you send back ....you may or may not get a partial refund back on the 299 replacement you already spent

Option 2.
Send your unit in and find out how much your refurb will be after they inspect it.

As I already have a new one that I bought from LFS. I"m trying to determine if its worth my while to get a backup to put in the closet in case something goes out again. I have 2 units. So I'm trying to find the average price paid for refurb. If they basically make you pay $299..to me its not worth it...but If I was to pay no more than say 150 then I would get the refurb for a backup.

So anyone that has been through the options. Can you chime in on average price for the refurb replacements. Is there such thing as a $150 refurb?
I'm not sure I would do either. But since you have a new one already I would pick option 2. One consideration - is the warranty (if any) - on both options the same - that may sway me in another direction
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new