Neptune Apex Display Lighting thoughts

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW the one you want is hanging in my garage as a light now LOL.

@Elder1945 your workmanship is amazing. I loved these since the first one you displayed. Maybe you should think of selling some. Lol. Maybe even the one in your garage. I am in the process of putting a 600gal system together with an Apex of course. I have been throwing around ideas on how to mount everything. And thanks for the interesting thread and @Terence thank you for you insight.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I made it :p...

I have pic's of the build in my old tank build thread here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/16-foot-350-gallon-reef-build.204682/

I have built quite a few things if you search my name on R2R

This is what I am building right now for myself :)
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sponsored-project-reef-by-elder1945-200g.291796/

As for making them sorry I don't sell them.. They are either gifts from me to whomever or collaborations with company's :)..
Well... now that I am stewing with envy!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 your workmanship is amazing. I loved these since the first one you displayed. Maybe you should think of selling some. Lol. Maybe even the one in your garage. I am in the process of putting a 600gal system together with an Apex of course. I have been throwing around ideas on how to mount everything. And thanks for the interesting thread and @Terence thank you for you insight.

I get requests all the time to build things :). I am just not interested at this point in time as building things for this hobby is relaxing for me.

Well... now that I am stewing with envy!
Thanks!

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Neptune is not the only company doing this :(. I wish there was more collaboration in this industry but it seems that will never happen.

I think I will be picking up another "New apex" and messing around with it... I might re make their housings to better suit my taste though.

I agree the housing is kinda goofy especially the silver. at least the older one looks black... Silver and Orange looks weird. Also their controller and things seems a little too big in size to work in a smaller tank DA things of alike are perfect size...

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the one thing I don't like about their 2016 model, the way it looks. I loved the black boxes and thought they looked very sleek and solid. In my opinion the new look is really bulky and I'm not a huge fan of the plastic...

I can't count the number of people/posts I've seen with that sentiment. In general I value function over form, but I like things to look nice, too. I doubt they will at this point, since they're pretty firmly entrenched in the grey/orange theme, but I'd be willing to bet if they offered two different colors (like GHL does) and started selling a black model, the orange ones would just sit on the shelves...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 90 68.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%

Back