Neptune Apex not connecting to fusion after power loss

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost power last week for about 5 to 6 hours. Ever since then I cannot get my Apex back connected to the wifi and/or fusion. The light on the brain is orange which form what I understand is what is should be showing. Any ideas? Do I need to just to suck it up and do a full reboot/reset of it?
I don't mind doing that if that's what has to happen. I'm a basic user of it so it's not like i have a bunch of custom settings or anything. Basically just use it to monitor salt, ph, temp, and turn the fuge light on and off.

#Neptune #neptuneapex

#reefsquad

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you rebooted the Apex since the power was restored? What typically happens is that your Internet router takes many minutes to boot up before it's ready to hand out IP addresses. Before the router is ready, the Apex has already booted up and looks for an IP address, but gets no reply, and eventually gives up. If you later reboot the Apex after the Internet router is ready, the Apex then receives the IP address properly.

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you rebooted the Apex since the power was restored? What typically happens is that your Internet router takes many minutes to boot up before it's ready to hand out IP addresses. Before the router is ready, the Apex has already booted up and looks for an IP address, but gets no reply, and eventually gives up. If you later reboot the Apex after the Internet router is ready, the Apex then receives the IP address properly.

I've rebooted (orange light) and reset (blue light) this thing multiple times over the last 2 days and it will not connect. The farthest I've gotten is to the apex.local login after you connect to the Apex wifi then back to your wife. Tried logging in and got that stupid error 200 again.

BiggieJohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my old Apex classic was much more stable if I set a static IP address, that way it didnt rely on DHCP config from the router

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to update but after all the resets and everything I set up a maint appointment with Neptune. Before it could be scheduled I went through the app on my phone and it let me connect to the Apex like it was a new one and everything connected fine. Just had to log into my fusion account and remove the "old" apex. No idea why it wouldn't do that through the website but through the app it was easy as heck.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back