Neptune atk programming question

bigroost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the atk over the weekend, I tried to run the task to set it up several times but sensor one kept showing up as a leak detector. I finally realized I failed to plug it in all the way. After that everything worked fine. This is the code it put in.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx4_1 OPEN Then ON
If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

My problem is it sends me an alarm everytime Swx4_2 is closed. Is the setup wrong or is there a place I can turn off that alarm off.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your output setup you should have a "base email" setup for your alarms. If you don't want to receive alarms for the backup sensor, you just have to remove the line "If Swx11_2 CLOSED Then ON". In your case it would be for Sw4_2. If your Sw4_2 is closed, you may need to reset it though because it should ne open, meaning the water hasn't been submerged, unless your sump level is higher than normal.

OP
OP
bigroost

bigroost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to make it kick on and off solely off of sensor one and use sensor 2 to know if something goes wrong ie. the topoff gets hung on?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to make it kick on and off solely off of sensor one and use sensor 2 to know if something goes wrong ie. the topoff gets hung on?
It does use the first sensor as the activating and deactivating sensor of the ATK pump. The second one is a backup to the first in case of failure, unless you have them programmed wrong. The float is a third level of protection.

OP
OP
bigroost

bigroost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said I used the automated task to set it up. The programming it uses is in the first post, Is there a change I need to make?

Don't mean for this to seem curt I am just pretty ignorant when it comes to programming this thing, I use the factory defaults for pretty much everything.

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said I used the automated task to set it up. The programming it uses is in the first post, Is there a change I need to make?

Don't mean for this to seem curt I am just pretty ignorant when it comes to programming this thing, I use the factory defaults for pretty much everything.

The way you have programmed it should work as you want. As @Salty1962 said above, go in to your base email setup (on the dashboard of Fusion) and modify the code to only alarm if sensor two (high level) is “closed.” I had your same problem and corrected it this way. Works perfectly now. If you need more detail, let me know.

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your Fusion dashboard you should have an EMAILALM_15 (or something similar). Set it to "auto." Here is how mine is programmed:

Set OFF
If Error ATK Then ON
If Swx3_2 CLOSED Then ON
If Swx3_3 CLOSED Then ON

My Swx3_2 is my high level and my Swx3_3 is my leak detector.

OP
OP
bigroost

bigroost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help so far guys, had to be out of town for a couple of days so I didn't get this rectified. Am I reading this wrong or does it show 1 turning on and 2 turning off. If so, if I change that 2 to a 1 will it all run off the one sensor?

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx4_1 OPEN Then ON

jml1149

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoneStarReef has the answer you're looking for.

If you find the e-mail alarm outlet in Fusion, click on it and look at the code. The task automatically adds an e-mail alarm when the top sensor is covered, which you need to remove to kill the alarm.

Based on your code above, you should see a line something like this:

If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then ON

Just delete that line in your alarm outlet and you're good to go.

OP
OP
bigroost

bigroost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, I'm not doing a good job asking the right question, I really appreciate the help. I want the ato to run off sensor 1 and sensor 2 to never get wet unless there is a problem. It currently runs until sensor 2 is wet then turns off.

jml1149

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, I'm not doing a good job asking the right question, I really appreciate the help. I want the ato to run off sensor 1 and sensor 2 to never get wet unless there is a problem. It currently runs until sensor 2 is wet then turns off.

Got it. Try this:

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Swx4_1 CLOSED Then OFF

I don't love it, but it should work.

Just curious why you don't want it triggering on both sensors?

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually you can just do this:

If Swx4_1 OPEN then ON (you already have this in your code according to your post above)
If Swx4_1CLOSED then OFF (this is the code you are missing)

That way, if Swx_1 is open it turns on your ATO but once the water level reaches it again (ie CLOSED) it will turn off. And if that fails the Swx_2 sensor will be your backup if water reaches it. Then the float valve as a last backup.

OP
OP
bigroost

bigroost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, so just so I am absolutely clear. This is what I need to do:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx4_1 OPEN Then ON
If Swx4_1CLOSED then OFF

Jml, my thought process is this, I plan to hook the ATO to a large top off reservoir in my garage eventually. I want as many lines of defense as I can get against dumping say 50 gallons of Rodi into the system. Ideally keeping that warning email in place for sensor 2 gives me one more out.

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it matters or not but put a space in between the 1 and CLOSED. My bad. The way it was written in my post above didn’t include the space.

Other than that, looks good!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back