Neptune DOS

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for a noob question, but why Neptune DOS only comes with two heads (for Calcium and Alk) only? Don't people usually dose 3 parts (Alk, Calcium, and Mag)?

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh that’s the only reason? It will be expensive to own two units of DOS. What’s other option that works with apex and trident?
I use the dos for alkalinity and calcium and manually dose magnesium. Based on my trident readings I only need to dose magnesium 2x a month in addition to 2 water exchanges a month.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Primarily because Alkalinity and Calcium are the two dosed the most. Magnesium doesnt need to be dosed nearly as much as it's not consumed as rapidly as the others. The DOS can also function as an auto water changer. One head to take out water and the other to put in water.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh that’s the only reason? It will be expensive to own two units of DOS. What’s other option that works with apex and trident?

That’s the conspiracy theorist’s reason! lol

In my opinion, a three-head unit with their current design would be way too large. It’s already super chunky, like 11” across.
Adding another head, let’s say making it 16”, would be too big to fit in many cabinets.

The closest competition may be the upcoming Ecotech Versa. It is coming out soon, advertised as a high quality single head WIFI dosing pump for $150. But it won’t interface with the apex, so I am not interested.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back