Neptune Dose

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a neptune dose for auto water change and when you watch the return line you don't see water going back into the tank ?
I am watching water leave the tank but not enter. When I look at the neptune dose log it shows even return for taken out.

doselog.jpg

OP
OP
Jerry Ebner

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I re did my whole setup blew the lines out and reprimed it looks to be working again. odd how the line refilling the tank with clean water would get clogged , you'd expect it maybe from the dirty side. very odd

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No....definitely never seen that. If you manual dose using the button, does water come out? If not, you probably have an air leak somewhere. EDIT...nevermind....I see you fixed your own problem lol.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely check for air leaks.Check to make sure that the tubing is fully seated at the head and then tighten the fittings at the head a little at a time if you do still get air.

Also, make sure your tubing is weighted to ensure it doesn't curl up come out of the fresh salt water.

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely check for air leaks.Check to make sure that the tubing is fully seated at the head and then tighten the fittings at the head a little at a time if you do still get air.

Also, make sure your tubing is weighted to ensure it doesn't curl up come out of the fresh salt water.
The OP already fixed his issue, but that brings up a good question. How do people weight their tubing? I ran into that issue with my Dos lines. I ended up zip tieing the line to a submerged pump. I tried a lot of things to weight it down with no luck. Anything that would have worked isn't fish safe.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP already fixed his issue, but that brings up a good question. How do people weight their tubing? I ran into that issue with my Dos lines. I ended up zip tieing the line to a submerged pump. I tried a lot of things to weight it down with no luck. Anything that would have worked isn't fish safe.
Heavier PVC pieces work. I zip tie the tubing to the PVC.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I re did my whole setup blew the lines out and reprimed it looks to be working again. odd how the line refilling the tank with clean water would get clogged , you'd expect it maybe from the dirty side. very odd

Depends on the salt mix you use. I get some precipitate from using IO and you don’t want to suck that up into the DOS. It’ll jam it up for sure. Usually you can tell because the pump head will not run smoothly and/or may start leaking.

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heavier PVC pieces work. I zip tie the tubing to the PVC.
I was able to get PVC to work with flexible tubing but not the RO/DI tubing that I ended up using with my DOS. Stuff is like wire lol.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back