Neptune GRO Refugeum light

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got an AI fuge in one tank and it grows buckets of chaeto very quickly. I bought a Neptune Gro for my new tank and honestly it looks like the chaeto in that tank is not doing well. The AI light is significantly brighter to the naked eye too. The AI is twice the price, but if the Gro wont grow anything……I think I’m going to order another AI Fuge.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say I am running 2 Neptune GRO lights on separate tanks and my cheat grows great as well as my dragons breath. Just goes to show every tank is different. What might work for one may not work for another.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just seems very similar to this light with similar spectrum leds used, 40 leds at 12w vs 84 leds at 25w. Probably going to just do 2 acke if/wen my current cob led dies, 1 on top and one on the side glass for $50 and seems like it will get more even coverage, just an opinion though

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the E200S. The E200 is 55 watts and about twice the size. I have the E200 and it grows chaeto great. Programming it is a huge PITA though connecting to my phone is the hard part but once connected it's easy to program. I run mine 100% all channels (there are 4) 0130-0700, drop whites to zero everything else 100 from 0700-1900 from 1900-0130 no blues or whites. The mounting arm must have changed cause mine it rock stable if not a little stiff to adjust. I have mine about 2 inches from the water line now.
What is your settings in the advanced tab for the refugium light because mine burns my chaeto if I leave it on for 12 hours so I need to turn my brightness down and I don’t know how to set the settings to do it

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your settings in the advanced tab for the refugium light because mine burns my chaeto if I leave it on for 12 hours so I need to turn my brightness down and I don’t know how to set the settings to do it
There is no setting to turn down the Neptune Gro light. It’s on or off. Try raising it up or pushing down the chaeto.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back