Neptune GRO Refugeum light

Crabby48

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't know about outperform. But At a fraction of the price of the H380, if it'll at least adequately grow macro algae, it would be my choice.

Now if you had a rather deep refugium and you needed to get that light deep then the H380 would probably be the better bet. If it was not discontinued.
But with very heavy stock tanks with heavy feedings sometimes you need the power.

I’m curious to see how it does. I’ll probably end up with two for my fuge.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Problem with putting a panel like this 1” above the water surface in my refugium is that’s 8” underwater when the pump is off. Doubt it’s THAT waterproof.

This is an excellent point.

Anyone know how waterproof this light is?

Unless you have a dedicated refugium where the water level goes down when the return pump is off, I can’t imagine most folks not running into issues with it 1” above the water.

Reefer Reboot

View Badges
Reaction score
This is an excellent point.

Anyone know how waterproof this light is?

Unless you have a dedicated refugium where the water level goes down when the return pump is off, I can’t imagine most folks not running into issues with it 1” above the water.
Although I do not endorse doing so, I did "accidentally" submerge mine. (see post #39, even though this was posted on April 1st, I was not joking. :D)

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Although I do not endorse doing so, I did "accidentally" submerge mine. (see post #39, even though this was posted on April 1st, I was not joking. :D)
How high off your chaeto are you running the Gro? Did you do an acclimation phase or just replace your old light and run the new one the same time?

I want to avoid light spillage into my skimmer chamber. Was thinking of mounting it on the outside of my sump (shine through acrylic). My sump is only transparent through the front.

image.jpg

Reefer Reboot

View Badges
Reaction score
The new Neptune GRO is a rebrand of the Zetlight E200 (orange rubber trim instead of white). Very good quality light. It's the only light I have used on this refugium. Been running 100% on all channels for 12 hours reverse phase from the beginning. See post 39 & 40.

Top Shelf Aquatics

What percentage of blue versus white lighting do you think makes the best coral growth combo?

• All Blue

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • Mostly Blue

Votes: 275 62.1%
  • Even Balance

Votes: 109 24.6%
  • Mostly White

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • All White

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.8%