Neptune GRO Refugeum light

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about outperform. But At a fraction of the price of the H380, if it'll at least adequately grow macro algae, it would be my choice.

Now if you had a rather deep refugium and you needed to get that light deep then the H380 would probably be the better bet. If it was not discontinued.
But with very heavy stock tanks with heavy feedings sometimes you need the power.

I’m curious to see how it does. I’ll probably end up with two for my fuge.

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem with putting a panel like this 1” above the water surface in my refugium is that’s 8” underwater when the pump is off. Doubt it’s THAT waterproof.

This is an excellent point.

Anyone know how waterproof this light is?

Unless you have a dedicated refugium where the water level goes down when the return pump is off, I can’t imagine most folks not running into issues with it 1” above the water.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an excellent point.

Anyone know how waterproof this light is?

Unless you have a dedicated refugium where the water level goes down when the return pump is off, I can’t imagine most folks not running into issues with it 1” above the water.
Although I do not endorse doing so, I did "accidentally" submerge mine. (see post #39, even though this was posted on April 1st, I was not joking. :D)

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I do not endorse doing so, I did "accidentally" submerge mine. (see post #39, even though this was posted on April 1st, I was not joking. :D)
How high off your chaeto are you running the Gro? Did you do an acclimation phase or just replace your old light and run the new one the same time?

I want to avoid light spillage into my skimmer chamber. Was thinking of mounting it on the outside of my sump (shine through acrylic). My sump is only transparent through the front.

image.jpg

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Neptune GRO is a rebrand of the Zetlight E200S (orange rubber trim instead of white). Very good quality light. It's the only light I have used on this refugium. Been running 100% on all channels for 12 hours reverse phase from the beginning. See post 39 & 40.

Last edited:

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates guys? Just mounted it tonight, replacing an h380. Massive overkill in my trigger platinum.

azsightsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it come with a 24V cord to connect it to the Apex? If so, what length is it? (I wanna know if I need to order one separately)

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cord from the light is 76" (if connecting straight to Apex 24v port), If connecting to the 24v wall wart transformer, there is an additional 55" of cord coming from the wall wart.

espinobj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Neptune light for a while not and honestly it struggles to grow to the degree my Amazon grow light did. I’m going back. Overall disappointed. The light itself is good quality however the mounting arm is terrible and barely holds up the light. Simply per I don’t think it’s strong enough and I would of loved to see an “over powered” version where we could set it to say 50% intensity to better for our personal tank.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Neptune GRO is a rebrand of the Zetlight E200 (orange rubber trim instead of white). Very good quality light. It's the only light I have used on this refugium. Been running 100% on all channels for 12 hours reverse phase from the beginning. See post 39 & 40.
It's the E200S. The E200 is 55 watts and about twice the size. I have the E200 and it grows chaeto great. Programming it is a huge PITA though connecting to my phone is the hard part but once connected it's easy to program. I run mine 100% all channels (there are 4) 0130-0700, drop whites to zero everything else 100 from 0700-1900 from 1900-0130 no blues or whites. The mounting arm must have changed cause mine it rock stable if not a little stiff to adjust. I have mine about 2 inches from the water line now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210702_193746064.jpg
    IMG_20210702_193746064.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 37

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, my bad, mea culpa! Thanks for correcting me. I went back and edited/corrected my post.;Blackeye:cool:
No biggie. Wasn't trying to flame you. I just wish they had "borrowed" both the E200 and the E200S, Zetlight will not distribute either in the US now because of Neptune. I contacted them and they told me that they were sorry can't sell me another one once I told them I was in the US. They didn't explicitly state it was because of Neptune but they sell them outside the US or did when I contacted them.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, never thought I was being flamed. :cool: It is a shame that we can no longer get one that will use their controller. Even though I use Neptune it would be nice to have a choice of which controller to use.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back