Neptune Sky Discontinued?

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably sold all existing stock and decided to drop the product in favor of radion. Wav pumps vanished from the face of the earth almost two years ago. Probably the same thing, dropped in favor of the mp series. To be expected with mergers and acquisitions. I doubt they are coming out with a new model but I could very well be wrong…. It’s just speculation and opinion. I’ve been hoping for a mp series pump with a 1link connection (no power bricks) as a wav replacement but it’s just not happening.

Edit. I will say that I was surprised with the quiet drive dos release though. I wasn’t sure if they would drop the dos in favor of versa or not. I would have thought they would have picked one and made you use an interface (mxm or similar) to run it.
My first thought was that the BRS side-by-side spectrum light test was the kiss of death. It showed so many brands out performing it at lower price points…some, significantly so.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope this isn't true. I have two brand new still in box units I bought Black Friday planning on replacing my old lights when I install a new canopy in a month or so. I may regret buying them early. :disappointed-face:

Travis Warren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just asked BRS on thier site and they stated the Sky is not discontinued but could not give a date it would be back in stock. I have 2 sky and 2 Radion Gen 5 on my 280 gallon. I like the sky because of the larger coverage area on my tank. It is 26 inches wide so I don't get spill. Looking at adding 2 more. Sky to replace my Gen 5 for coverage. Acros are starting to cast shade.

Travis Warren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just asked BRS on thier site and they stated the Sky is not discontinued but could not give a date it would be back in stock. I have 2 sky and 2 Radion Gen 5 on my 280 gallon. I like the sky because of the larger coverage area on my tank. It is 26 inches wide so I don't get spill. Looking at adding 2 more. Sky to replace my Gen 5 for coverage. Acros are starting to cast shade.
20240529_090738.jpg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't believe anything BRS is putting out there.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't believe anything BRS is putting out there.
I agree with this, if you look at all of the coral vue products I.E. Hydros, they all also say discontinued by bulk reef supply. My guess is that they are cutting the amount of competition they are willing to offer on their website. Sad to see a company become so biased. Once upon a time it felt as though they wanted to help aquarists. Now their product demos, videos, and website are so biased consumers need to be careful what they believe out of them.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this BRS evil empire talk is funny to me. I go to pick up my stuff today and it's all the same faces at the office. I took advantage of the rare deal on TM stuff. If they are making changes to increase profit like everyone else in this difficult economy then so be it. If they have the best price on something, they get my business.

Gut Pile

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they are going against their word and not offering products that compete with their internal offerings. They are also no longer close to the hobby and just looking to boost their profits and playing a short game.
BRS's facebook group has an auto block for the phrase "ABC" - in reference to the slightly cheaper off brand trident testing solution. If it's not a product that aperture either directly owns or has major distribution of you can not discuss it in their hobby forum and you will be blocked from posting and eventually banned. I did it just to tick the admin off. Randy was smart leaving.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back