Neptune systems Apex or Apex junior.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of buying one. Will I be disappointed with just the apex junior? I want to control individual led lights, and their spectrum, my Maxpsect gyre pump, auto top off, and heater. Wil the junior be enough? Can I add more modules to the junior?

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add things to the junior, but for what your looking for the full apex is the way to go.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. From what I understand I can control 4 things on the junior. I only need to control 4. I can make it a regular apex by buying upgrades in the future? It's just I don't want to drop 600ish right now :)

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea you can add on to it. It just costs more in the long run.I feel you they are really expensive.marine depot is having 10% or neptune products :)

Ep3n3wp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. From what I understand I can control 4 things on the junior. I only need to control 4. I can make it a regular apex by buying upgrades in the future? It's just I don't want to drop 600ish right now :)
With the Jr you can add up to 4 modules to the Jr..... For Example you cab add:

Another Eb4 or Eb8(more outlets)
Pm1 for pH,ORP,additional temp probe
Vdm module(for controlling LEDs)

Adding those modules will add up to more than a full apex.

I just jump on a full apex and be set right off the bat

I started with a junior never added any modules just saved up and got a full apex.

Id jump on an apex on black Friday... I saw marine depot is going to have 10% off of Neptune stuff which NEVER happens!!

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I started with a junior never added any modules just saved up and got a full apex.

Id jump on an apex on black Friday... I saw marine depot is going to have 10% off of Neptune stuff which NEVER happens!!
seriously neptune and eco tech are never discounted....NEVER

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I bought the Junior for the build I'm currently working on over the past several months. After some assembly of the tank I knew I made the wrong decision. I have a pretty simple set up...65 gal tank with a 24 gal sump. I immediately exchanged the Junior and purchased the full Apex. I have since added 4 modules (EB4, WXM, ALD and PM2) and truthfully after spending ... I don't know around $1000 I couldn't be happier. It's a lot of money, but what I've been able to program and how I can control the tank is pretty incredible.

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure am!!! Have any pictures of your 65? I to have a 65, started it back in October

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure am!!! Have any pictures of your 65? I to have a 65, started it back in October

To soon for any photos, I've been wet for about 8 weeks and fully cycled. I have a bunch of small frags stocked (LPS, Zoas and a few SPS). Love my set up and extremely excited to see things starting to grow.

Where you at in PA... I grew up in State College.

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pocono region. What fish do you plan on stocking right now I have a yellow tang lps few softies few sps gorgonian and mccoskers flasser wrasse on order male and female

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So does the full Apex come with those already, or you still have to buy modules with the apex? I just don't want to be limited after 4 things on the junior, I'd like to get more but not buy an apex junior then realize, "oh no if I want more I should have bought an Apex".

Ep3n3wp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does the full Apex come with those already, or you still have to buy modules with the apex? I just don't want to be limited after 4 things on the junior, I'd like to get more but not buy an apex junior then realize, "oh no if I want more I should have bought an Apex".
The full comes with 8 outlets and a pH probe, and temp probe.
It is ready to go with vsp port, ORP port, and break out box port

The vsp I have my jebao wp power heads plugged in and controlled by the vsp port.

I bought an ORP probe (not expensive) and the break out box is basically a low voltage terminal strip(super cheap from Neptune or can be made diy)

Ep3n3wp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the break out the box used for?
A good amount of stuff.. Could be used as float switches for ato also float switch in the stop reservoir to let you know its low. Skimmer float switch, you can also program it to door switches To turn lights on in sump area

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I buy Te junior and get an 8 outlet port, each of those 8 outlets becomes controllable?

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the full. In the process of finishing up setting up my 210 -- I am using the full APEX, with 3 EB8s, PM2, Lunar module, Vortech module, and leak detector module.

Started really setting the controller up last night and today --- a bit difficult at first, but starting to figure it out. The more you mess with it, the easier it is to use.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back