Neptune systems Apex or Apex junior.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go full. I have both and the ability to add to the junior is nice, but the already built into the full is better.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people say the full. I can't afford the full yet. Should I just buy the junior then?

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get the junior or save your money for the full. Is it overkill to get the full if you have only one tank?

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the full apex! Can't wait to get. Do I need a breakout box? I think it comes with 6 I/o ports already no- just like a breakout box?

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the full apex! Can't wait to get. Do I need a breakout box? I think it comes with 6 I/o ports already no- just like a breakout box?

Congrats! Get the unit and see what you like. Additions can always come later.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I feel really high tech now! I asked about the breakout box, apparently it allows you to connect wires to it and hook up things like a float switch, etcetera. On the apex it has I/O ports that need an adaptor to connect things. So they're the same essentially but require diferrent hook ups. Just in case any future person was consfused as me.

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! I feel really high tech now! I asked about the breakout box, apparently it allows you to connect wires to it and hook up things like a float switch, etcetera. On the apex it has I/O ports that need an adaptor to connect things. So they're the same essentially but require diferrent hook ups. Just in case any future person was consfused as me.

Hit me up if you have trouble setting it up to connect to the fusion or questions on how to programing stuff. I've setup more than 10 units for friends around my area so I'm familiar.

I can send you a webex (VPN) to your laptop to help ya out. Should be a piece of cake.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit me up if you have trouble setting it up to connect to the fusion or questions on how to programing stuff. I've setup more than 10 units for friends around my area so I'm familiar.

I can send you a webex (VPN) to your laptop to help ya out. Should be a piece of cake.

Thanks! If I get lost you'll be at the top of my list! Sounds like a popular piece. I should have it before next Friday... Should've got the fast shipping.

Ep3n3wp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I/o port on the apex unit is where you would hook the break out box up to.
The break out box is basically a terminal strip that you hook your switches up to

You can buy Neptune's break out box for less than 35 bucks or you can make a Diy for probably 20.
Me personally I'd pony up the extra but to have the matching box and it looks cleaner than the Diy

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I/o port on the apex unit is where you would hook the break out box up to.
The break out box is basically a terminal strip that you hook your switches up to

You can buy Neptune's break out box for less than 35 bucks or you can make a Diy for probably 20.
Me personally I'd pony up the extra but to have the matching box and it looks cleaner than the Diy

Thanks. I got the breakout box from Neptune. I also got 9 float valves. 3 for the sump, 1 for the skimmer cup, and 1 for the tank if it gets too full it will warn me or shut it off.

Ep3n3wp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I got the breakout box from Neptune. I also got 9 float valves. 3 for the sump, 1 for the skimmer cup, and 1 for the tank if it gets too full it will warn me or shut it off.
Dang you're prepared lol check into a ALD module it will detect if there's any water leaks and shut off anything that you have program to shut off when a leak is detected

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back