Neptune Systems COR Pump

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what just came in the mail!

Today myself and a bunch of other Neptune Systems Insiders (Beta Testers) started receiving the COR pumps. Both COR15 and COR20s are being tested. Those with the 20s will do both Apex Connected and Standalone mode. Those with 15s are Apex only with just a single 1Link cable.

I will try to answer any question I can / allowed to. Otherwise be on the lookout for more detailed specifics from Neptune very shortly.

wyB0fwG.jpg

BkPYTPV.jpg

xsmejXI.jpg

Mg6TDe1.jpg

OXDwY60.jpg

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I guess they'll announce a release date finally at macna.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Look what just came in the mail!

Today myself and a bunch of other Neptune Systems Insiders (Beta Testers) started receiving the COR pumps. Both COR15 and COR20s are being tested. Those with the 20s will do both Apex Connected and Standalone mode. Those with 15s are Apex only with just a single 1Link cable.

I will try to answer any question I can / allowed to. Otherwise be on the lookout for more detailed specifics from Neptune very shortly.

wyB0fwG.jpg

BkPYTPV.jpg

xsmejXI.jpg

Mg6TDe1.jpg

OXDwY60.jpg
No way!!!

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figures I wait and wait for it to come out I finally give in and buy a new return pump and then they finally release the core.

Haha. I pretty much did the same. My entire system upgrade was waiting for the COR, after it was taking so long I went with the DCP-5000 they are very similar sizes and gph. I'll see how the compare very quickly.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I pretty much did the same. My entire system upgrade was waiting for the COR, after it was taking so long I went with the DCP-5000 they are very similar sizes and gph. I'll see how the compare very quickly.
Yeah I picked up a skimz dc return pump quiet pro 4.0 really like it, but depending on the price of the core I would put the skimz in my 50 gallon cube.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those asking about the differences between the 2 models.

COR15 is Only 1Link. That is the only way it can be connected. So you need a 2016 Apex with an EB832, or a classic/jr with the 1link module. The 15 is rated at 1,500 gph at zero head. There currently isnt a head height curve that I know of.

The 20 is 2,000 gph at zero head. Can be ran standalone using the included power adapter. An aquabus cable is included to connect it to your apex as well to control and monitor other functions. 1Link connection is not possible with the 20.

Both pumps are the same size and include the same fittings. 1" input slip coupling, 3/4" output slip coupling (what I have shown in my photos) and a larger 1 1/4" slip union. The larger union is recommended to get the most flow out of the pump.

Last edited:

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to more details as well.

The 24 accessory ports are 30 w max. I don't know if the 1link ports are the same or not, but looking at the cables, I wouldn't expect they could run too much more.

A true head loss curve would be nice, as well as info on noise and heat production.

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, was hoping that the 20 would be a 1link as well. i really hate having extra bricks and such lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back