Rating - 0%
0   0   0
???????

Dipan Desai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a response back on Facebook yesterday and they said sometime this week will be an update.

furam28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where these are Made In? US, Europe or China?

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are SO Excited to SEE THESE! They are available for preorder everywhere now! Very Limited Quantities!

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone can post details for those of us that can't watch the video yet, that would be great.
  • 0-100% Control
  • IQ Level Calibration - Set your 1% specifically for your tank to keep your pipes full of water to prevent back siphon without pushing excess during feed modes. 100% is matched to the maximum amount of water your overflow can handle. This way you can't flood your tank if 1500-2000gph is higher than your overflow capacity
  • Push Button to Start and Stop Feed mode from the control box
  • Push Button to Power Off and Restart the pump from the control box
  • Watt, RPM, and Temperature Monitoring of the pump. If it senses the temperature of the pump is getting hotter than usual it will actually slow itself down. This is nice as it will keep moving at least some water through your system and not leave you with a pump that just auto turns off. This gives you time to fix the issue and not leave you with a tank that might be stagnant for hours. The alerts will happen both on your preferred device via email or text but also alert you on the control box itself.
  • The control box N logo changes colors based on the state it is in. Normal, Feed, Powered Off, Calibration Mode, Firmware Updating, Error (The top lights will also light up in different configurations based on what error you are having) If for example the temp was high the N logo would be red and the 7th small led would be lit. If incorrect voltage is being supplied to the pump it will light up #2 if its higher than normal or #3 if its lower than normal.

8mnUzoX.gif
  • Error Codes will also alert you on the pump tile itself. If you have Overcurrent, Under Voltate, Over Voltage, High Temperature, and Dry Run
TJhuYGJ.png
  • The COR also uses a lot of the new Fusion percentage programming that was introduced in 5.03 (Apex 2016) and 4.53 (Classic)
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-5-03-and-4-53
Basically you can do a lot of programming and If conditions just based on a value.

Automatically turning your skimmer off if the CORs speed drops below 95%
[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Output COR Speed < 95 Then OFF
Defer 3:00 Then ON

You can change the pumps speed via a graph for the whole day or you can change it just based on time.
If Time 08:00 to 17:59 Then 85

Change the speed of the COR if a low or high sensor is triggered. A sensor just above the COR intake can prevent it from running dry.
If Swx5 CLOSED Then 5​
  • Run the COR-20 completely without an Apex, this includes all of calibration features, feed mode, and error reporting. The only thing you don't get is the conditional programming I described above.
  • Pricing: $325 for the COR-20 and $275 for the COR-15
    • Includes Pump, Control Box, 1" and 3/4" couplings, 1 1/4" union, aquabus cable, and powersupply. Cor-15 does not include the powersupply or aquabus but instead includes a 1link cable as thats how its connected.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pump looks great!

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one caught my attention on our club forum this morning! Can anyone beta-testing the COR-15 tell me about the flow controllability? I saw this
0-100% Control
Most DC pumps in this flow range can only step down at about 10-15% intervals and only down to about 40%, from watching the video it sounds like this one can take steps at about 6% all the way down to zero, is that accurate?

The lights on the local control box look like the have a couple different colors for each LED so that 8 lights with 2 levels/colors = about 16 levels which would match the "6%" stepping he mentions in the video.

If that's the case, this opens up a big door that wasn't open before. I have heard things about another pump having a better level of control than what is currently out there, but I'm reasonably sure it wasn't this one (maybe it was, who knows). I like that Neptune built this one from the ground up.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know the min flow with the cor 20. I preordered the cor 15 as I have a small tank (I'm building the sump to just swap out the DT in the near future). I'm looking for about 300-400 gph at no head. I have a manifold with an unused 1/2" output that can be used to regulate flow down if needed.

I figure with the cor 15 that's about 20-30% which should be doable (may have to open the manifold valve a little if it can't get lower than 40% like a lot of DC Pumps.

If the cor 20 goes low enough I would go that route since I plan on plumbing a couple reactors and a frag tank into the return pump so have room to grow would be nice.

Thanks Len

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know the min flow with the cor 20. I preordered the cor 15 as I have a small tank (I'm building the sump to just swap out the DT in the near future). I'm looking for about 300-400 gph at no head. I have a manifold with an unused 1/2" output that can be used to regulate flow down if needed.

I figure with the cor 15 that's about 20-30% which should be doable (may have to open the manifold valve a little if it can't get lower than 40% like a lot of DC Pumps.

If the cor 20 goes low enough I would go that route since I plan on plumbing a couple reactors and a frag tank into the return pump so have room to grow would be nice.

Thanks Len

I'm running the COR20 on a Red Sea Reefer 250 at 55%

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most DC pumps in this flow range can only step down at about 10-15% intervals and only down to about 40%, from watching the video it sounds like this one can take steps at about 6% all the way down to zero, is that accurate?

The lights on the local control box look like the have a couple different colors for each LED so that 8 lights with 2 levels/colors = about 16 levels which would match the "6%" stepping he mentions in the video.

Yes there are approximately 6% steps when using the COR-20 in standalone mode. You can go all the way down to 1% power, or 0% (Which is looks like its off but technically still ON, just not spinning) in Apex Connected mode. These small steps make it great for perfectly matching your head pressure to create a zero flow scenario during feed modes, and matching a siphon overflow system when running at your calibrated max flow.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back