Neptune Systems :( :(

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one that has a real love hate relationship with Neptune Systems. No customer support over the weekend and only during working hours on week days. I guess they figure everyone works out of their homes and their Apex or whatever other product that they offer doesn't work, decides to not work during business hours.

I kind of wish I never got involved with them. Things almost seem like they were easier before I ever hooked up an Apex. Just venting but really customer service only during normal business hours for hobbyists. I just don't feel like that is very customer friendly. RRRRRRRRRR.

Angry Reefer. I got a new router and now the Apex won't hook up to it. My wife predicted that would happen, just to add salt in the wound.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one that has a real love hate relationship with Neptune Systems. No customer support over the weekend and only during working hours on week days. I guess they figure everyone works out of their homes and their Apex or whatever other product that they offer doesn't work, decides to not work during business hours.

I kind of wish I never got involved with them. Things almost seem like they were easier before I ever hooked up an Apex. Just venting but really customer service only during normal business hours for hobbyists. I just don't feel like that is very customer friendly. RRRRRRRRRR.

Angry Reefer. I got a new router and now the Apex won't hook up to it. My wife predicted that would happen, just to add salt in the wound.
Hard wire it problem solved

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No customer support over the weekend and only during working hours on week days. I guess they figure everyone works out of their homes and their Apex or whatever other product that they offer doesn't work, decides to not work during business hours
Personally, I appreciate a company that doesn't force its employees to work over the weekends.

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new router and now the Apex won't hook up to it. My wife predicted that would happen, just to add salt in the wound.
Your mad at a company that doesn't offer 24/7 support? To hold your hand in something you changed? plug your old router into the new router and double NAT it and see if that works for you.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes it possibly can .. but if you setup the new router with different range
10.x
192.168.x

It works... just make sure they are on separate ip ranges. which technically is not double natting :)
Sure. If it's a net gear it can just run it in bridge mode. That's what I do with an old R6250.

My guess is if the OP needs IT help connecting the apex to the router, He would need help either running a router in bridge mode or double NAT.

sublime275

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is everyone making it harder than it has to be. All he needed to do was use the same SSID and password on the new router that he had on the old one. I have changed routers several times and done this with no problems.

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is everyone making it harder than it has to be. All he needed to do was use the same SSID and password on the new router that he had on the old one. I have changed routers several times and done this with no problems.
cause I like to get in my own way.... lol and cause mayhem for other in the process. forgot about that one.

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you probably have 2.4ghz turned off on the ssid or the channel width is set to high for the apex radio.. you will lose performance on the 2.4 band but set the width at 20, turn off minimum rssi and it will probably connect back up.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I appreciate a company that doesn't force its employees to work over the weekends.
I'm old enough to remember real banking hour, meaning Monday though Friday 8 am to 5pm, ATMs were not a thing, 7-11 meant open 7 am to 11 pm. Safeway closed at 8. On Christmas, Easter and thanksgiving even gas stations weren't open. People were better off and holidays meant something different than today. I miss the old days sometimes.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't sound like a Neptune problem, that's a router problem and lack of knowledge on how to set it up.

There are tons that have BTDT, search on how to put the apex head unit in to wifi setup mode and enter your new ssid/password info for your new router.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cable company works on the weekends...

The cable company employs hundreds if not more staff with rotating shifts to provide that service. Not to mention the cable company rates are outrageous...

Next?

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm such a Neptune fanboy you'd think I was a paid shill. It's the core of my entire system and if a device doesn't work well with it, it will never make it into my house. (Ok, there are a few exceptions :) )

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back