Neptune Trident "No water sample"

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Neptune trident peoples of the internet! I recently came into a brand new Neptune apex/trident/dos combo, and while so far it has been nothing but problems, I am one by one solving them, and this is next on my list!

My neptune trident is giving a no water sample error, but when I prime the sample line, it is deffinitly getting water. I have tried the restart, simply unplugging it, and so far it has not fixed my problem.

I have tried to just ignore this and tell it to do a test, and it starts the test by filling up the vile with water and draining it, then goes to a orange/red light, adds the no water sample error ( along with the no test in 24 hours because I have been trying and failing for a couple days now ) and then goes into idle withought completing the test.

I took the thing apart to see if I could see anything visually wrong, and a couple of the lines on the inside were only like halfway connected ( and not glued like the other ones ) so I fully connected those ( still didn't glue them though ) and so those two don't seem to be leaking at least enough to cause a no water sample error.

I am very close to contacting support, but I really hope this is a simple case of me ignoring some direction somewhere.

Mz. Fix It

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support is helping me out now!
Just curious.....have they been able to fix your Trident yet? I have had the same problem for weeks now and finally got around to dealing with tech support and it's been ongoing emails back and forth but no resolution. Black sample line is clear all the way to the solenoid, as I had a mouth full of saltwater to prove it. Only solenoid 3 seems to be the problem, as when I "prime" A, B & C the liquid goes into the cuvette but does not when I prime the sample water. Very frustrating, however, all my automatic testing equipment/gadgets have failed me miserably over the past couple of years. Wish now I had went old school but I did love the automation.....when it worked.

OP
OP
AnotherReefHobbyist

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious.....have they been able to fix your Trident yet? I have had the same problem for weeks now and finally got around to dealing with tech support and it's been ongoing emails back and forth but no resolution. Black sample line is clear all the way to the solenoid, as I had a mouth full of saltwater to prove it. Only solenoid 3 seems to be the problem, as when I "prime" A, B & C the liquid goes into the cuvette but does not when I prime the sample water. Very frustrating, however, all my automatic testing equipment/gadgets have failed me miserably over the past couple of years. Wish now I had went old school but I did love the automation.....when it worked.
all of the solenoids were working for mine. The problem was the the boards that were preforming the readings were misaligned.

Did you take off the cover and do a push test for solenoid 3? does it go in and out easily? and then I would also try priming the sample water again and watching what happens with the solenoid ( ie if it goes in and out when it is supposed to ). With the info you have provided it just seems like the solenoid is faulty.

Back