Neptune trident

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet Neptune could release the cure for cancer and people would still find a fault and people would talk about other potential cures in the discussion.

Neptune could also sell bagged dog waste and fans would say it's the best thing ever...

I assume most of the anger about the product is about the way information was released. Some may perceive it as dishonest or unethical to have 18+ months of buildup and not disclose maintenance requirements or costs until the 11th hour.

It's not like the maintenance is $5. DIY of 1/6 the purchase price, or Neptune for 1/3 the price may be a deal breaker for some.

Last edited:

RockyProndoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune could also sell bagged dog waste and fans would say it's the best thing ever...

I assume most of the anger about the product is about the way information was released. Some may perceive it as dishonest or unethical to have 18+ months of buildup and not disclose maintenance requirements or costs until the 11th hour.
Pretty general statement about most 'fans' of ANY company.

Unethical? C'mon guys... This is getting completely out of hand.

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew there was no way to have enough supply to fill launch orders so I didn’t even bother waking up. Any timeline on next round of trident releases and how that will be done. Will there be announcements prior, a set calendar or should we just keep checking each day??

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But I'm sure most people would complain that it wasn't double/triple bagged. I get that people are mad about not disclosing some pertinent information, but I am ok with it.

Did I miss what the warranty was on the product?

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, that was handled kind of poorly. I mean it seems like a pretty technical piece of kit so I think it is unreasonable to expect there wasn't going to be some sort of maintenance required.

So it is disclosed now. Either people are angry and they do not buy it or it's not a big deal and they do. Vote with your dollars. Just seems like every thread created about it turns into a battle field and it doesn't have to be.

Nhltc99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's not like the maintenance is $5. DIY of 1/6 the purchase price, or Neptune for 1/3 the price may be a deal breaker for some.
I disagree, unethical would be announcing that after selling hundreds or thousands of units. I don't know what people imagined for the mechanics inside this relatively small magical device, but if you expect it to be able to accurately test your tank for years to come, I would expect parts of the mechanism may need to be replaced/serviced/calibrated every couple of years. Under $100 for DIY people isn't horrible. Is it cheap? Not really, but all part of the convenience.

In the end there is a simple solution for those that don't like the cost of unit or service/reagents... Keep on manually testing.

Nhltc99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I'm sure most people would complain that it wasn't double/triple bagged. I get that people are mad about not disclosing some pertinent information, but I am ok with it.

They said 1 yr like the rest of neptune products in the live stream.

bfsaunde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Said 1 year like the rest of Neptune Systems products on the live stream

AtlCPA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, I watched the video and it looks pretty cool. I just bought $2,500 worth of new golf clubs, but I may have to splurg on this as well. I have too many expensive hobbies.

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just a annual maintenance fee the reagents will cost you another $22.50 per month so that's $370 per annum on top of buying it and you need the correct apex unit to run it I'd be looking at £1800 or there about for the costs of a years running think ill stick with tried and tested Alkatronic and Dosetronic and know that my dosing alkalinity is stable to within 0.03 over the day and that because its that stable the cal ium and magnesium will follow and the Dosetronic will adjust my dosing for all 3 from what the Alkatronic says my alkalinity is and I can save money into the bargain plus the back up and customer service across the world is second to none.

Good for you, but coming on this trident forum and bragging about an alkatronic is like showing up at the bmw dealer and telling everybody how great your Buick is. I have a lot of respect for Neptune for telling us up front that in two years you should have some maintenance done on the unit. They didn’t have to tell anybody. And the “shady” thing for them to do would have been to not tell us and then when your unit starts to drift in readings, say “oh well, buy a replacement”. And nobody is forcing anybody to buy this. For the people that don’t like the trident you’re free to invent something better yourself. IMHO

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. I know you’re frustrated as I would be, but that’s not accurate. I went to BRS at 2:59 ET, put it in my basket at 2:59:40, still had to log into my account and then hit purchase. I was successful and completed my transaction at a few seconds past 3am.

Not that it really matters, but I was logged into BRS at 11:57 (release time) and hit refresh until 12:20 and was never even giving the opportunity to add it to my cart. It is possible that the few they seem to have had were bought between my constant refreshes, but that does not seem to be the case with people reporting that they bought them before 12:00.

It's really not a big deal to me. I don't normally try and be the first to get something or see a movie, I just thought it might be fun. Turns out, it was not. lol

kharn101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not that it really matters, but I was logged into BRS at 11:57 (release time) and hit refresh until 12:20 and was never even giving the opportunity to add it to my cart. It is possible that the few they seem to have had were bought between my constant refreshes, but that does not seem to be the case with people reporting that they bought them before 12:00.

It's really not a big deal to me. I don't normally try and be the first to get something or see a movie, I just thought it might be fun. Turns out, it was not. lol
Same issue logged in at 2:52 est..

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like that gone!

trident.jpg

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just a annual maintenance fee the reagents will cost you another $22.50 per month so that's $370 per annum on top of buying it and you need the correct apex unit to run it I'd be looking at £1800 or there about for the costs of a years running think ill stick with tried and tested Alkatronic and Dosetronic and know that my dosing alkalinity is stable to within 0.03 over the day and that because its that stable the cal ium and magnesium will follow and the Dosetronic will adjust my dosing for all 3 from what the Alkatronic says my alkalinity is and I can save money into the bargain plus the back up and customer service across the world is second to none.

You think your alkatronic and dosetronic will require no maintenance over the next several years? Of course it will, you just don’t know what to expect, so some part will fail, you will have to contact support, troubleshoot, purchase a replacement, etc and your unit will be out of service for a month. This is true of any piece of equipment. I’d rather perform preventative maintenance proactively instead of reacting to inevitable failures. This is standard in industrial settings with critical equipment which can not afford to fail.

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the NDA is lifted does any of the NSI group care to share some insight on their experiences with the trident?

Back