Nero 3 plug hot

Don.ald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plug on my Nero 3 is hot. Tried different receptacles and no change. Anyone else have this issue?

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you have something restricting the flow. Or are you running it wide open all the time?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say specifically about your wave maker but with electronics in general a connection heating up is a sign of a bad connection. Is there any corrosion on the terminals?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I always thought hot plugs typically meant bad outlets. Maybe @Brew12 is around. Lots of other sparky's on R2R too, hopefully one chimes in.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I always thought hot plugs typically meant bad outlets. Maybe @Brew12 is around. Lots of other sparky's on R2R too, hopefully one chimes in.
Hot plugs typically mean a bad connection between the outlet and the plug. One or the other could have something preventing it from making a good electrical connection.
Since it happens in multiple receptacles I would try cleaning the prongs on the plug with rubbing alcohol or even a very fine sandpaper.

OP
OP
D

Don.ald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot plugs typically mean a bad connection between the outlet and the plug. One or the other could have something preventing it from making a good electrical connection.
Since it happens in multiple receptacles I would try cleaning the prongs on the plug with rubbing alcohol or even a very fine sandpaper.
Thanks Brew12. It’s a brand new unit. I contactEd the store.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back