Nero 5 gph rate for 20 gallon cube

sparrow_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’m new to reefing and was curious about my Nero 5. I’m sure it’s probably overkill for my 20 gallon cube nano but purchase has been made and there’s no going back lol. What kind of flow rate should I be targeting for? I plan on keeping a mixed reef. I’m sure there’s plenty to debate about when it comes to flow but looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Any advice or tips is appreciated.
 
The slowest your Nero can run is 950 GPH.. very Overkill for a 20 gallon. If you have not opened it, try to return it.

The flow is based of Minimum electrical and not the flow. so 1% starts at about a third flow..
 
The slowest your Nero can run is 950 GPH.. very Overkill for a 20 gallon. If you have not opened it, try to return it.

The flow is based of Minimum electrical and not the flow. so 1% starts at about a third flow..
Unfortunately it has already been opened. What about if I use a pulse mode so it’s not running constantly? Run the pulse mode at 1% with a 1 second pause between pulses?
 
Minimum is still only 950 gph. Did you buy it online or LFS? Most will take it back unused but will have a restocking fee. You could keep it and get like a 100 gallon tank or larger.. :)

I have one in a 55 cube. it is the only pump besides the returns.. It kinda still punds things at pulse mode and 1% with 5% max. runs 950 to 1000 gph.
 
Hello everyone. I’m new to reefing and was curious about my Nero 5. I’m sure it’s probably overkill for my 20 gallon cube nano but purchase has been made and there’s no going back lol. What kind of flow rate should I be targeting for? I plan on keeping a mixed reef. I’m sure there’s plenty to debate about when it comes to flow but looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Any advice or tips is appreciated.

curious how this turned out. Same mistake here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new