Nero 5 gph rate for 20 gallon cube

sparrow_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’m new to reefing and was curious about my Nero 5. I’m sure it’s probably overkill for my 20 gallon cube nano but purchase has been made and there’s no going back lol. What kind of flow rate should I be targeting for? I plan on keeping a mixed reef. I’m sure there’s plenty to debate about when it comes to flow but looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Any advice or tips is appreciated.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slowest your Nero can run is 950 GPH.. very Overkill for a 20 gallon. If you have not opened it, try to return it.

The flow is based of Minimum electrical and not the flow. so 1% starts at about a third flow..

OP
OP
sparrow_reef

sparrow_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slowest your Nero can run is 950 GPH.. very Overkill for a 20 gallon. If you have not opened it, try to return it.

The flow is based of Minimum electrical and not the flow. so 1% starts at about a third flow..
Unfortunately it has already been opened. What about if I use a pulse mode so it’s not running constantly? Run the pulse mode at 1% with a 1 second pause between pulses?

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minimum is still only 950 gph. Did you buy it online or LFS? Most will take it back unused but will have a restocking fee. You could keep it and get like a 100 gallon tank or larger.. :)

I have one in a 55 cube. it is the only pump besides the returns.. It kinda still punds things at pulse mode and 1% with 5% max. runs 950 to 1000 gph.

reeflife92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’m new to reefing and was curious about my Nero 5. I’m sure it’s probably overkill for my 20 gallon cube nano but purchase has been made and there’s no going back lol. What kind of flow rate should I be targeting for? I plan on keeping a mixed reef. I’m sure there’s plenty to debate about when it comes to flow but looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Any advice or tips is appreciated.

curious how this turned out. Same mistake here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back