Nero 5 Waterbox 20

CtrlFeq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have about a 7 week old Waterbox 20 and wanted to get a little more flow in the tank. I've been trying to get ahold of a Nero 3, but it's impossible and my local shops are saying they're back ordered a couple months. I have the opportunity to snag a Nero 5, but not sure if that would cause unneeded stress with that much flow. I do intend on adding a decent amount of sps and lps.

Tank has scaping about halfway up in an arch shape. 2x Mocha Gladiator clowns, GSP on the back glass. Small zoa, small firework polyp.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the Nero 5 will be way overkill. I would get a Tunze Nanostream 6015. I ran these in my IM Fusion 25Gs and they worked great. Plus they're way, way cheaper...

Albatross17mako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have about a 7 week old Waterbox 20 and wanted to get a little more flow in the tank. I've been trying to get ahold of a Nero 3, but it's impossible and my local shops are saying they're back ordered a couple months. I have the opportunity to snag a Nero 5, but not sure if that would cause unneeded stress with that much flow. I do intend on adding a decent amount of sps and lps.

Tank has scaping about halfway up in an arch shape. 2x Mocha Gladiator clowns, GSP on the back glass. Small zoa, small firework polyp.
What is your return pump I. Thinking of putting a y fitting so it has 2 returns how does the 1 work for u

OP
OP
CtrlFeq

CtrlFeq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally managed to snag a Nero 3....

I have the original one that shipped with the tank. It seems to work just fine.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caution with the Neros, I haven't had one that can make it past 11months. Some of dies after a few weeks. Customer service is not the greatest and getting a replacement is a massive hassle. Im planning on going a different direction now that I'm dealing with my 3rd pump failure.

OP
OP
CtrlFeq

CtrlFeq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caution with the Neros, I haven't had one that can make it past 11months. Some of dies after a few weeks. Customer service is not the greatest and getting a replacement is a massive hassle. Im planning on going a different direction now that I'm dealing with my 3rd pump failure.
So my first one I bought was DOA. I had to take it out of the water and manually spin it and it would work.

Support was fairly helpful. They shipped me a new unit without me having to **** mine back. HOWEVER, they only shipped the actual motor and not the controller. So I had to break open the controller, disconnect the old one and connect the new one...

I'm honestly looking to pick up a Red Sea Max Nano and swap the tank for that. I haven't been thrilled with my experience with some of the products I'm using in this build.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back