Squishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I am just starting to setup a 210 dual mega flow tank. Right now I am designing the plumbing, or at least trying to.

I am going to be running a DC return pump that is rated 3100gph @24 feet head pressure, hence the idea I have for the overflows. The sump was just a quick sketch to show where it is going, it is not all there, there will be at least 1 if not two more sumps, as well I have to add my mixing station also.

I did see someone do something similar with a dual overflow, but I would also like the opinion of people here, so any suggestion or comment would be appreciated.

Keep in mind I am new to reefing, and this is my first post so far :)

Plumbing idea.jpg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off: A belated, warm welcome to R2R! Unfortunately, I'm not much of a plumbing expert. There are many here who are, and I'm sure will be more than happy to help. Are you still in the planning stage, or actually starting to put the pieces together?

OP
OP
Squishy

Squishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off: A belated, warm welcome to R2R! Unfortunately, I'm not much of a plumbing expert. There are many here who are, and I'm sure will be more than happy to help. Are you still in the planning stage, or actually starting to put the pieces together?
Thank you, I have been reading a ton here, now it is time to start doing :) Nope still in the planning stage, this is probably the 3rd drawing trying to figure out the drains I am going to use to accommodate a higher flow. Any help would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
Squishy

Squishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did I maybe post this in the wrong spot?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did I maybe post this in the wrong spot?

I don't really think so. You might try the "General equipment and hardware" section. I'm sure you will find the advice you're looking for. There are some really smart plumbing guru's here. It can get over my head sometimes. :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back