New acro needs a name!!!

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up the first frag of this exclusive exquisite wild colony!!!!the owner is looking for a name as its bound to become a collectible!!!
Ideas?
IMG_73401.jpg

C eymann does this look like an indo Spathulata to you?

On a side note I agree that it can’t be too exclusive since there are hundreds of this same colony probably ready to be sent out. It is mariculture after all, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a cool piece that’s worth having in my tank.

OP
OP
authentic

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The owner will pick the name, this was one colony that stood out in a huge shipment. Dont think there will be alot of it around.i will post pics of my frag as it develops, may be awile before I can frag a piece to another lucky reefer

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner will pick the name, this was one colony that stood out in a huge shipment. Dont think there will be alot of it around.i will post pics of my frag as it develops, may be awile before I can frag a piece to another lucky reefer

What species do you guys think it is? I was hoping the indo spaths would be maricultured to a good degree so we could see them often but so far I haven’t seen one.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this a mariculture colony? It sure looks like one rather than "wild"

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet, we will see this coral pop up from multiple vendors, and the sad thing is it will bear various names preceded by the vendors initials.

Mericulture vendors have been sitting on these corals for a while waiting for the ban to lift, a lot made their way to the states before covid. I'm betting we will see a lot of new variations and colors coming out once they color up and grow out.

As for a name, I'd call it "Appletini"

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you post a pic of your frag under full spectrum lighting?

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Brain Freeze Acropora

Back