New addiction!!!

Jeremy Fowler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey new to saltwater I'm currently tackling a 29 gallon biocube and a fluvl m90 I'm so fascinated with the equipment I love the setup and cant wait to see what livestock offers. Any tip or experience with either of my setups would be awesome!

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey new to saltwater I'm currently tackling a 29 gallon biocube and a fluvl m90 I'm so fascinated with the equipment I love the setup and cant wait to see what livestock offers. Any tip or experience with either of my setups would be awesome!
Welcome! All depends on which direction you want to go with the tanks, ie fish only, coral (and then which types) , mixed reef etc...

Lighting requirements and additional equipment needs will vary depending on your goals.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just know I want crazy colors and fish! Is that a newbie comment or what!? Lol

Welcome to R2R and your new reefing community. And no, not a newbie comment...it's what we're all striving for! Welcome to the hobby.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R.

Addiction: when you need new tires for the car to get to work, but went out and bought a piece of reef equipement;)

Obsession: When you are driving to work with new tires, and think about how many hour do I need to work to get a new system:)

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the welcoming! I just know I want crazy colors and fish! Is that a newbie comment or what!? Lol
Do you have any one particular fish that interests you? If not yet, research fish and try to find that one 'must have' fish and then research what they can and can't get along with and round out your livestock from there. Compatibility is a big factor in this hobby. And if you want to get into coral that adds another level on what kind of fish you can keep (reef safe fish).

You may really want a lionfish (as an example) because they look cool but there are certain other fish you can't keep with them.

I did a lot of research on Live Aquaria, they have detailed info on appropriate tank size, tank mates, and reef friendly info on all kinds of fish.

And don't overlook invertebrates! There are a lot of cool Snails and shrimp out there. And it's recommended to start with a CUC which is a great intro to begin stocking and gives you something to watch.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back