New all in one filter problem

Lopezag1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Austin and I’ve just recently decided to take the dive into the saltwater hobby after many years of interest!
I recently purchased a 30 gallon, used, all in one tank.
After setup, looking at the water flow I can just tell something is wrong.
The tank has a small overflow in the top left corner (image 2) that in my opinion is suppose to flow down through a filter pad, then up through my bio/carbon/filter floss in chamber one over the top into chamber two. That’s is currently where I have my only pump returning out the dual nozzles at the center top on the tank. There is then a third chamber with my heater in it with an opening at the bottom between chamber 2 and 3 also with a return nozzle in the middle right side of the tank seen in photo 3. Right now water is flowing in that nozzle into chamber 3 since it has no pump attached and then down, into chamber 2 where the return pump is. I feel like I barely have any flow being pulled through the overflow, up through my filter media into chamber 2 for the return.
Does anyone have any advice or tips on how I should alter my current setup? I already have my substrate, live rock, 2 damsels and 1 Cardinal in the tank. I check my parameters daily right now and everything so far is okay but I just know this filter setup seems off to me. I appreciate any tips or advice.
E0CF8150-1090-434F-8477-9FBAB85C506B.jpeg

C090E5AF-4DEF-4B35-9962-0E0A156319B9.jpeg
EDC922CF-EDA2-4356-B2E2-CFBC2FB1110A.jpeg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until you can get an additional return pump for that nozzle your going to have to find a way to cap it.

Back