OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone was looking GREAT! And now he’s shrunk up and weird. Is something wrong? He squeezed into this rock and it kind of looks like he’s stuck. Could that be the problem? The third picture is what he looked like an hour ago.

image.jpg 93960ECA-53C3-4D19-81C9-F9C15F7837FB.jpeg B4D8E2C3-2BCE-4834-83E9-C56DDB390FEB.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The pictures don’t show it but he is very bright green with red tips in real life so I don’t know if that is the case. Any other suggestions.
Looks as if he is setting his foot. They like to secure their base nicely so they are protected. Give him another day or so to find a spot. As long as he is sticking his bubbles out like that just let him cruise. They can get in and under rocks as they have no skeleton. Another reason they are a good host for clowns. Some clowns try to host corals such as hammers or frogs and will kill the coral because they rub the corals flesh against its skeletons and kill the coral over time.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks as if he is setting his foot. They like to secure their base nicely so they are protected. Give him another day or so to find a spot. As long as he is sticking his bubbles out like that just let him cruise.

He was sticking his bubbles out in the third picture but now he is kind of shriveled up.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He was sticking his bubbles out in the third picture but now he is kind of shriveled up.
Give him some more time....one thing I never asked is what are your parameters right now? Test your water and make sure everything is all good. Anenome are very sensitive and need good clean water to thrive.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give him some more time....one thing I never asked is what are your parameters right now? Test your water and make sure everything is all good. Anenome are very sensitive and need good clean water to thrive.
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-10
Phosphate-undetectable
I don’t have a test for calcium, alk, or magnesium yet sorry

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Definitely looks bleached. A healthy GBTA should have some brown in it's color...the darker the brown the healthier the anemone.

6450_1024x1024.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is bleached but that will come back the anenome can just find a spot with some good water and chill under some lights. The bleaching leads to unhealthyness which leads to the loss of sticky testicles which leads to not eating which leads to death and this is in bad cases.

But he isn't there yet and to me he doesnt look like he is on his way out per say.

Try to get your nitrates to 5 or less with new nems. An established nem can take a bit more but they are sensitive. Do this with small water changes, like 10%. But don't in this case I wouldn't change more than 30% and doing them over time and testing to make sure nitrates are dropping.

Give him some more time and DO NOT TRY TO FEED HIM. It will stress him out more and could cause damage. (If more knowledgable people want to say otherwise I would take their advice)

Other than that give him a couple days to get happy and start healing.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is bleached but that will come back the anenome can just find a spot with some good water and chill under some lights. The bleaching leads to unhealthyness which leads to the loss of sticky testicles which leads to not eating which leads to death and this is in bad cases.

But he isn't there yet and to me he doesnt look like he is on his way out per say.

Try to get your nitrates to 5 or less with new nems. An established nem can take a bit more but they are sensitive.

Give him some more time and DO NOT TRY TO FEED HIM. It will stress him out more and could cause damage. (If more knowledgable people want to say otherwise I would take their advice)

Ok thanks

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Try to get your nitrates to 5 or less with new nems. An established nem can take a bit more but they are sensitive.

Do you think if he needs to move he can he looks stuck. Should I move that rock Abdul let him find a new spot?

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Leave. it. alone.

The more you mess with it...the more you stress it out.

Back