New Apex system. My breaker keeps tripping.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JMegerle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JMegerle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2017
Messages
44
Reaction score
44
Location
Cincinnati
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just got a new neptune apex base system with the temp/ph and a power supply. I hooked it up calibrated the ph, set it up to my router, and everything was all good. But out of nowhere my breaker in my apartment keeps tripping ever since I added it. Currently I have it running two jebao wavemakers, return pump, 200w heater, skimmer, and a fuge light. I have my leds plugged into an outlet, not the apex. Fusion is telling me that it is pulling around 2.5 amps. I don't have anything plugged into spots 4 and 8. Before I bought the neptune system I had everything plugged into a cheap powerstrip and never had a breaker flip on me. I don't know if its my stupidity causing this, the neptune system, or my apartment. Any help would be appreciated!
 
So, I just got a new neptune apex base system with the temp/ph and a power supply. I hooked it up calibrated the ph, set it up to my router, and everything was all good. But out of nowhere my breaker in my apartment keeps tripping ever since I added it. Currently I have it running two jebao wavemakers, return pump, 200w heater, skimmer, and a fuge light. I have my leds plugged into an outlet, not the apex. Fusion is telling me that it is pulling around 2.5 amps. I don't have anything plugged into spots 4 and 8. Before I bought the neptune system I had everything plugged into a cheap powerstrip and never had a breaker flip on me. I don't know if its my stupidity causing this, the neptune system, or my apartment. Any help would be appreciated!
Two possibilities. Either your breaker is going bad which does happen, or you are overloading the circuit. There are probably 5 to 8 outlets powered by that breaker that is tripping. See what else you lose power to when the breaker trips. If it is less than 15A total load then call your apartments maintenance and ask them to swap out the breaker.
 
So, I just got a new neptune apex base system with the temp/ph and a power supply. I hooked it up calibrated the ph, set it up to my router, and everything was all good. But out of nowhere my breaker in my apartment keeps tripping ever since I added it. Currently I have it running two jebao wavemakers, return pump, 200w heater, skimmer, and a fuge light. I have my leds plugged into an outlet, not the apex. Fusion is telling me that it is pulling around 2.5 amps. I don't have anything plugged into spots 4 and 8. Before I bought the neptune system I had everything plugged into a cheap powerstrip and never had a breaker flip on me. I don't know if its my stupidity causing this, the neptune system, or my apartment. Any help would be appreciated!
Get a kill-a-watt and measure how much current is being consumed by the whole system without apex (using just a power strip with surge protector, and every equipment hooked into it) and with apex. That will capture definitively if apex is taking any more current than usual,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new