New ATI Power Module vs 3 Radion G4 Pro

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind these days the LED fixtures are getting so powerful many are comparable in power consumption to a T5 fixture.

For example, on say a 48" tank you could do a 6x54w Sunpower at 324w or you could do 2 Radion Gen 4 Pro at 380w. You may not run it at 100%, but the point is LED fixtures are getting into comparable territory with many T5 options. Clearly if you went to an 8 bulb or an LED Powermodule it would go up, but you'd have more PAR too ( at least with the Powermodule).

How much extra PAR does the LEDs in those LED Powermodule would give?
Would that be comparable to another Blue Plus, or more?
How deep does the LEDs in the LED Powermodule reach? 24"?
Thanks very much for coming here!
Grandis.

OP
OP
MillerR.

MillerR.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're funny! "nail biting" lol

We are sort of on the same page! I priced out two reef brites and i come out sub 1k before tax . I may add 1 or 2 of those to my 6 bulb and call it a day!

I have an old style ATI Power Module, which is a T5 only fixture, because when I bought my fixture there was no LEDs in the market yet!!
I still run that very fixture today without any issues. Today they call that fixture ATI SunPower, the one without any LEDs. All T5s. That's what I would suggest to you if you want to get the most simple and efficient fixture there is. You don't have to worry about anything but choose the colors of the bulbs you want, install them, plug and enjoy!
The ATI 8 bulb all T5s is 58.5" X 17.5" and costs only $711.95

207767-ati-sunpower-a_1_1.jpg

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/60-ati-sunpower-high-output-t5-light-fixture.html

Now... If you are one of those people that HAVE to have those blue LEDs or whatever the computer plays with the LEDs and get too much money in your pocket... you could try the ATI 8 bulb + LED fixture. Up to you...
The ATI 8 bulb + LED is 58" X 20.4" for the small little price of $2,432.95 ;Jawdrop

pm-stock-4_ars_7.jpg

pm-stock-4_rs_9.jpg
209509_ati_led_t5_48inch-d.jpg

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ati-60-led-t5-powermodule-hybrid.html

Is that worthy to get the LEDs? Not for the PAR, when you choose the right bulbs! All that extra money???
8 T5HO tubes are more than enough to keep the highest of all Acropora corals more than happy!! Proved for many years!!!

I personally would get the ATI T5 only 8 bulbs and enjoy it. That 8 bulb fixture will give you exactly what you need with a great choice of PAR combination and spectrum at the right price. So you can get more Acros with the $1,721.00 ;Greedy

Now you can decide!;Nailbiting

Grandis.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep in mind these days the LED fixtures are getting so powerful many are comparable in power consumption to a T5 fixture.

For example, on say a 48" tank you could do a 6x54w Sunpower at 324w or you could do 2 Radion Gen 4 Pro at 380w. You may not run it at 100%, but the point is LED fixtures are getting into comparable territory with many T5 options. Clearly if you went to an 8 bulb or an LED Powermodule it would go up, but you'd have more PAR too ( at least with the Powermodule).
Not to mention you'll have better overall coverage and much less shadowing with the T5s compared to 2 XR30s. 3 or 4 XR15s is the better choice so you can spread the clusters out for more coverage

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grandis the LED's put out substantial PAR, at 75w per cluster it is comparable to the ball park of a Hydra 26 or Radion XR15. The output is much different with reflectors vs optics, but even just the LEDs lights up our 48x29x29 test tank beautifully.

While I agree the fixture is the Ferrari and not for everyone, there are a number of things you failed to point out:
  • Built in controller with temperature protection - (also available on the Dimmable Sunpower)
  • LEDs that add shimmer to a flat T5 only tank
  • Massive additional PAR (although I agree, its likely not required depending on the tank)
  • Beauty, while you have the T5 only Powermodule, the Sunpower most would agree is not physically as attractive
  • Fine tuning your color - Less stress about getting "Just" the right bulb mix, you can easily adjust the color using the LEDs
  • LED Actinic sunrise/Sunset that simply cannot be achieved with T5 only.
  • Moonlights

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grandis the LED's put out substantial PAR, at 75w per cluster it is comparable to the ball park of a Hydra 26 or Radion XR15. The output is much different with reflectors vs optics, but even just the LEDs lights up our 48x29x29 test tank beautifully.

While I agree the fixture is the Ferrari and not for everyone, there are a number of things you failed to point out:
  • Built in controller with temperature protection - (also available on the Dimmable Sunpower)
  • LEDs that add shimmer to a flat T5 only tank
  • Massive additional PAR (although I agree, its likely not required depending on the tank)
  • Beauty, while you have the T5 only Powermodule, the Sunpower most would agree is not physically as attractive
  • Fine tuning your color - Less stress about getting "Just" the right bulb mix, you can easily adjust the color using the LEDs
  • LED Actinic sunrise/Sunset that simply cannot be achieved with T5 only.
  • Moonlights
Thanks for the reply!
Certainly a lot to add to an already master fixture!!
I'm glad you posted all the features with a true and sincere post so we all can learn more about it.
Thanks again!
Grandis.

stevem650

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be upgrading from my rimless 450 redsea to the 750. The 750 is 71L x 23.6H x 25.6W. I ordered the new ATI 60" hybrid 8t5 bulb/led fixture. After conversations with Keith from ATI and others concerning the fixture would be overkill for my tank size, I went with the 8 bulb. I have a mixed reef with many Lps/acros. The t5s can be all on, some off and just leds running. I will post pictures after setting up my new system.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience whenever t5s are running you will get no shimmer. The t5s are just to overpowering. U only get shimmer when t5s are gone

This is definitely not true. I run 2 ap700 and 4 t5, and there is tons of shimmer. It depends on the ratio. Can't have weak LED and an 8 bulb T5.

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is definitely not true. I run 2 ap700 and 4 t5, and there is tons of shimmer. It depends on the ratio. Can't have weak LED and an 8 bulb T5.

I have 2 60” inch tech reef brites. When the t5 are on no shimmer. When they are off they look amazing.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much extra PAR does the LEDs in those LED Powermodule would give?
Would that be comparable to another Blue Plus, or more?
How deep does the LEDs in the LED Powermodule reach? 24"?
Thanks very much for coming here!
Grandis.

It’s a good bump in par I think. I only have the 4x t5 with 2x led hybrid. My tank is 20” deep and with the fixture at 7” above the water. T5 only I’m getting around 150-200 at the middle sandbed, with leds at 100% I’m getting 300-350 par.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be upgrading from my rimless 450 redsea to the 750. The 750 is 71L x 23.6H x 25.6W. I ordered the new ATI 60" hybrid 8t5 bulb/led fixture. After conversations with Keith from ATI and others concerning the fixture would be overkill for my tank size, I went with the 8 bulb. I have a mixed reef with many Lps/acros. The t5s can be all on, some off and just leds running. I will post pictures after setting up my new system.
That would be great!!
Congratulations on the upgrade.
Rimless is so beautiful! I've heard good things about those RedSea tanks...
Grandis.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have 2 60” inch tech reef brites. When the t5 are on no shimmer. When they are off they look amazing.

Maybe it would depend on the intensity and the LEDs/ combination of T5 bulbs each of you have?o_O
Grandis.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a good bump in par I think. I only have the 4x t5 with 2x led hybrid. My tank is 20” deep and with the fixture at 7” above the water. T5 only I’m getting around 150-200 at the middle sandbed, with leds at 100% I’m getting 300-350 par.
Wow! ;Wideyed Thanks for the info!
Grandis.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back