New brackish setup questions

ReeferMadne55

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2020
Messages
43
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to add a new brackish aquarium to my room to compliment my reef tank. I already had extra supplies and equipment laying around, so essentially I’m building this tank for free (woohoo). I just had a few questions regarding the setup and cycling.

1. Can I use my Instant Ocean Reef Salt for this brackish setup or would I have to buy some regular marine salt?

2. Would it be better to use Fritz Turbostart 900 or 700 to cycle it?
 
1. Yes, RC is just more expensive.

2. Depends on the salinity. The freshwater one if it’s less than or equal to 1.005, the saltwater one for anything else. You could also just add both to be on the safe side...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new