NEW BUILD! Cade Pro Reef 900 Series 2!!

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya Reef2reef fam!

Long time lurker first time poster here ‍♂️

Super excited to finally receive my new Series 2 Cade Pro Reef as Ive been waiting nearly a year for it to get to market!

So I’m upgrading from a 600 cube to a 900 which I know is still a baby tank for most

The new Cade setup is now 100mm taller in the cabinet and 50mm taller on the tank, making it a total of 1500mm tall! The presence of the tank compared to the previous model is ridiculous! The tank actually feels twice as big! Couple that with dedicated manifolds, a redesigned sump and a dry cabinet with side access and its a pretty good system imo.

Cant wait to share with you guys what I’ll be doing with the tank and hope it’ll be worthy enough for R2R!!

I’ve added a link to my unboxing and setup and I’d love to know what you guys think!

5F36B319-BC23-41CA-9C40-82210EEB07D0.jpeg
D6CCCBD6-1043-4569-A12B-25FA2C387EE7.jpeg
64B1C44F-4709-4F2D-B80D-4ACE308591CF.jpeg
93331010-37E0-479D-89D3-30BE36683833.jpeg
87A5C5F6-22E6-4669-9589-3A491454C220.jpeg

OP
OP
First_Time_Reefer

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

So I’ve finally transferred from my Cade 600 over to the new Cade Pro Reef 900 and all I can say is THANK GOD THE TANKS WERE NEXT TO EACH OTHER!

Had some help from the boys at Reef Galleria Aquarium as its always handy to have extra sets of hands!

Took the opportunity to add some new sand and ditch the bare bottom look and I gotta say Im pretty happy with the result!

Ended up using the Aquarium Systems Paleo Sand thats 100% arogonite and newly available here in Australia. Very happy with how its looking in the tank.

D57F3B28-64B8-4E50-AA6F-07BCD6FADE83.jpeg

Going to create a new scape as I discovered my rockwork was absolutely riddled with vermatid snails! Got a stack of equipment to add on the tank too so cant wait to share that with you guys. Let me know your suggestions on what I should do with the scape.

Ive adddd a link to my video where Billy from Reef Galleria Aquarium and Starfire Aquatics shares his top 5 tips for moving a tank and Jack explains why we selected this sand and how to prep it before it goes in a tank

Thanks for reading guys and cant wait to really dive into this new setup! 18A5D4AB-45DB-488D-9BF5-625F458EB2A9.jpeg

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome! Nice build and Welcome to the R2R Family

OP
OP
First_Time_Reefer

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you enjoying the tank so far? any issues?
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 1200 s2.
Absolutely loving the tank! Haven't had any issues and runs dead silent. The larger ato has been great as its longer between filling up the reservoir! Im actually going to hook up a ato to top that up too.

I wish I could have fit the 1200 size as I reckon thats the perfect size to balance sump size and dry cabinet!

OP
OP
First_Time_Reefer

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy has it been awhile between posts!

Unfortunately life with 2 kids can get pretty hectic haha

In the meantime my tank has been going through its ugly stages with habit of diatoms atm and Im just letting it run its cycle. What I have done though is change my aquascape design!

Ive always wanted a scape that was more open, allowing good water flow and plenty of space for fish and coral. I saw some Real Reef Branching Rock at my LFS and knew straight away thats what I wanted to use.

IMG_3666.jpg

I came up with a few different designs and consulted a lot of local hobbyists in Australia to make sure I get my scape right this time! Some were good and some.... not so good haha

IMG_4036.jpg

I'm very happy with my final scape and feel it leaves enough room for coral to grow and plenty of room for fish and flow. What do you guys think? All glued together using 3 methods.

- Superglue with an accelerator
- Aquakneadit from Bunnings
- Aquaforest Stonefix as the final coat to ensure strength

IMG_4636.jpg

Scape is all in the tank ready to be loaded with coral and I can't wait to go shopping!

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

Keen to share how this tank looks once its stacked with coral and would love any opinions on coral placement! If you're keen to watch me get the new scape together heres a link to my youtube channel. Thanks R2R!

IMG_5014.jpg

OP
OP
First_Time_Reefer

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another quick update on how my Cade Pro reef Series 2 is going after adding my new scape!

The tank is still going through its ugly stage with some diatoms on the sand bed but its slowly getting better. Think ill add a bacteria product to boost bacteria populations and add a uv steriliser to really zap it.

Corals are growing well and my Pacific Sun Kore 7 and Kh Lab combo is all hooked up and running and getting dialled in.

In more exciting news, ever since ive been in the hobby since a child Ive always dreamt of owning a fish room! Today im happy to share with you that my dreams are COMING TRUE!!

For all the gurus who have a fish room please share with me what you think are absolute essentials amd what you think I may have missed from my video.

To say Im excited is an understatement so please join me on my Fish Room Project!!

Thanks for reading and hope you enoy!

OP
OP
First_Time_Reefer

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has the tank been?
Sorry for the lack of updates, its hard trying to keep up with all the social channels!

The tank has been fantastic and have not had a single issue. Most of my friends are blown away with how silent the tank operates so I still highly recommend the setup. I believe they showcased at Reefstock Denver just over the weekend so hope many got to check them out in person!

Bnichols124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not attend reef stock denver, hopefully they are at Reef a palooza Orlando. I love all the little features they have to offer and even more excited about the frag system.

Thanks for the update

OP
OP
First_Time_Reefer

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not attend reef stock denver, hopefully they are at Reef a palooza Orlando. I love all the little features they have to offer and even more excited about the frag system.

Thanks for the update
All the features are great and differentiate it from the rest. I covered their frag system at a recent Pet Expo here in Melbourne, Australia. It definitely looked the goods and really considered adding one to my fish room!

Will get a few more updates of where the tank is today!

OP
OP
First_Time_Reefer

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate

Hope your tank is going well! I'm in Brisbane and about to get this same tank delivered and set up. Any tips or advice on making the process easier?
Cheers
Hi mate!

Loving the tank and I'm quite happy with how its looking these days!

Congrats you're going to love the tank! Fortunately its a very straight forward process to set the tank up but if you check out my youtube channel you can see how I did it there too.

Any idea on your running gear?

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but hoping for honest feedback. I’m looking into an upgrade with either a WB or Cade 900. The stand for the Cade has me leaning that way but I’m concerned that the sump size is drastically smaller. How’s the sump? I’m just confused why it’s half the size of Red Sea or WB sumps

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back