New Build Help

bg2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea as to what sump are you going with? Got something else in mind in place of sand to increase available surface area for beneficial microbial population?

OP
OP
LVReefer94

LVReefer94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some options in mind for a sump but not entirely sure what to go with, another diy maybe, trigger sumps or a very small cube from trigger since I have a 1st Gen Theiling roller mat and everything extra like chateo, carbon, gfo will all be in reactors and my skimmer will be an external reef octopus. As to the beneficial bacteria concern, there is no concern from me on that. I've ran bare bottom with real live rock and there's never been an issue and I use 1/2 pound of rock per gallon roughly.

bg2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we moved our tank to the next room over we took the opportunity to upgrade the sump. Went with the Trigger Platinum 34. Definitely would recommend. So happy not changing out filter socks anymore.

PXL_20201109_051538459.jpg

OP
OP
LVReefer94

LVReefer94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I first used my roller mat on my 150 and integrated into my apex to only roll a small amount every other day I was mind blown at the water clarity, not touching socks and the 6 month life on the rolls

bg2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I first used my roller mat on my 150 and integrated into my apex to only roll a small amount every other day I was mind blown at the water clarity, not touching socks and the 6 month life on the rolls
Heavy in/heavy out is nice. Can feed plenty and the excess just gets taken out before it has a chance to break down.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back