New candy canes help

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got these kryptonite candy canes a few days ago. They split between the pollops after bringing them home and now the tissue is receding. I’ve moved them higher in the tank where the flow is less and they’re about 8” directly below my light to get some good light. What can I do to help them or are they for sure goners? Before and after pics attached

CD28E90F-8BA3-4462-9754-1FB0DA933A80.jpeg C95605EC-8267-41B7-9C1C-181A878CAA19.jpeg A6C912E1-F1B1-449D-B26E-D936AC2DCCCA.jpeg
 
What kind of lights do you have - any idea on the par readings in your tank ?
Candy canes usually like to be in mid level light I believe, so higher in the tank might not be the best option.

Did you float them for very long before you put them in the tank ?
 
What kind of lights do you have - any idea on the par readings in your tank ?
Candy canes usually like to be in mid level light I believe, so higher in the tank might not be the best option.

Did you float them for very long before you put them in the tank ?
Specs below. Will they make it?
 
Specs below. Will they make it?
I’m probably not the best to give advice on the specifics in your case - I am more of a “I’ll ask the easy questions first” kinda guy lol
But I’m sure someone will be along soon to give some more help. They will want to know your recent water tests, water temp and salinity. Stuff like that
 
Water parameters are

0 nitrite
0 Ammonia
8.2 pH
10-20ppm nitrate
1.025 salinity

can’t test alk of Kh. I dose the tank with essential elements every two weeks. They were fine until they split between the heads. The mouths still look ok and tissue is only receding in that one area near the tear.
 
stats look good... maybe try lowering the nitrates? Overall i wouldnt say thats a problem though. All your equipment working? did you use ro/di water?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new