New clam owner here (maybe)

PacsAdmin77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2018
Messages
227
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

For those who have Tridacna clams, did you get them for aesthetics or for their supposed nutrient export benefit? I have a 45-gal that’s been established for over 1 yr now. Mixed reef setup. I like the appeal of having a Tridacna in my tank but I’m wondering if they play a role in lowering nitrates and phosphates. I’m on the fence here! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 
Hi All,

For those who have Tridacna clams, did you get them for aesthetics or for their supposed nutrient export benefit? I have a 45-gal that’s been established for over 1 yr now. Mixed reef setup. I like the appeal of having a Tridacna in my tank but I’m wondering if they play a role in lowering nitrates and phosphates. I’m on the fence here! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@PacificEastAquaculture can sure help wit answers and clams! :)

While clams do utilize nitrates and phosphates, the decrease would be minimal if you had one or a few in your tank. IMO, get them for the anesthetics, not nutrient control.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new