New Classic Lid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Clearview did a great job on my lid. Fit was great. Had them custom cut the front corners for the new red sea reinforced silicone. Red Sea 200 xl. I added the XL feed door, 4 cable holes and the front 2 corner cuts. Definitely worth the wait (~2 months). Par increased ~15% vs the black window screen I was temporarily using. Only issue is that the frame slightly bows from front to back (~2 mm at the center), I would probably request tabs on the center of the sides if I ordered again.

1591411697955.png

1591411735451.png

1591411798994.png

1591411904845.png

1591411859379.png

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price and wait time? The net seems big to me, looks like a firefish or something similar in size can jump out. Was there an option for a smaller grid size?

OP
OP
Jon's Reef

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Price and wait time? The net seems big to me, looks like a firefish or something similar in size can jump out. Was there an option for a smaller grid size?
Net is 1/4". I did not see an option for smaller. ~$250 with options, ~8 weeks. Their website has an order tool where it gives the price with options. CS responds quick via e-mail if you have questions or special adjustments.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Net is 1/4". I did not see an option for smaller. ~$250 with options, ~8 weeks. Their website has an order tool where it gives the price with options. CS responds quick via e-mail if you have questions or special adjustments.
Cool but I will pass for now. I have a reefer 350, based on your price mine prob going to be around $300. Can’t really justify for how lol.

FishDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Artfully Acrylic also did my CAD lights Artsian II lid. The lid is high quality, and mesh is strong. I’ve had it for three years, and tossed around a bit. Looks great, they recommended on the inner lip of the euro bracing which looks super clean. I’ve been real happy with it, and recommend. Not sure about fire fish. Saved a few anthias though. It’s a common mesh size that I’ve seen on other tanks.

2B975C3F-C927-4772-A141-48DDCA7AA084.jpeg

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Artfully Acrylic also did my CAD lights Artsian II lid. The lid is high quality, and mesh is strong. I’ve had it for three years, and tossed around a bit. Looks great, they recommended on the inner lip of the euro bracing which looks super clean. I’ve been real happy with it, and recommend. Not sure about fire fish. Saved a few anthias though. It’s a common mesh size that I’ve seen on other tanks.

2B975C3F-C927-4772-A141-48DDCA7AA084.jpeg
I got a friend who uses the same size mesh netting with a diy cover and a firefish jumped out. Later he checked, yeah a firefish def can fit through it. I have a similar tank that has the euro brace and I just diy a big rectangle mesh net that costs me like 30 bucks and it’s been almost 2 years now still sturdy. Now of course not as clean as yours.

OP
OP
Jon's Reef

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For me, I compared the price to how much I've spent on everything else for the tank. Is it on the higher end of the prices... sure, but I look at it everyday, touch it everyday, and when other people come over it is the first thing they see. Definitely a lot of options out there from DIY, to kits to custom. Before this, I had one of my window screens on top!

One other thing, it uses a standard cord style mesh mounting, so if you wanted to replace with smaller mesh you could do it. I believe this would void the warranty.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you all getting them to even reply to you, yet alone make a lid? I’ve submitted 4 quote requests and even followed up outside the quote procedures....nothing. Lids look great but I guess when you have a long backlog of customer orders you don’t care much about new clients. Good problem to have, until it isn’t.....

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you all getting them to even reply to you, yet alone make a lid? I’ve submitted 4 quote requests and even followed up outside the quote procedures....nothing. Lids look great but I guess when you have a long backlog of customer orders you don’t care much about new clients. Good problem to have, until it isn’t.....
That’s one of the reasons I hold off if I should spend that kind of money on a lid. I mean few hundred bucks for a lid lol

OP
OP
Jon's Reef

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I was discussing it with them via e-mail. They were very quick to get back during normal business hours. Had quite a few e-mails back and forth about details like the 45 deg reinforced silicone seams in the front corners.

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lid looks great Jon, maybe it's hit or miss on who they reply to lol

I might give DD jumpguard a try. Looks like better reviews than the Red Sea kit.

I had that in my cart on that site but didnt pull the trigger. I havent had any fish jump, probably just lucky as I have wrasses and blennies, but I'm just gonna go no top until business gets back to normal and i can order one. If you get the DD let me know how it works out!

Back