OP
OP
rporter996

rporter996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update for everyone. The clowns seems to be doing much better much calmer and not swimming into things! Must just have been a water parameter change from the water change I did.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is good to hear !! by chance, is the glass in your tank getting a bit dirty from algae or film ? I would be really curious to know if it had anything to do with reflections.

clownfish are so weird. just wait until they find a spot to 'call home' and sleep upside down at a 45 degree angle all night. lol - unless you've got something else for it, but even then it might decide that powerhead looks super inviting..

OP
OP
rporter996

rporter996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is good to hear !! by chance, is the glass in your tank getting a bit dirty from algae or film ? I would be really curious to know if it had anything to do with reflections.

clownfish are so weird. just wait until they find a spot to 'call home' and sleep upside down at a 45 degree angle all night. lol - unless you've got something else for it, but even then it might decide that powerhead looks super inviting..
Glass hasn't gotten too dirty yet I have noticed a few brownish spots on the sand bed in the back of the tank where there isn't much flow not sure if it's diatoms or what as I'm new. They have found a little spot on the bottom left hand corner of the tank between the rock and the glass they kinda just lay on top of one another

Sir Kon Salty Sox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like your tank is progressing as it should :) i have found that if your sandbed is not SUPER DEEP, turning off all the flow and lightly turkey basting the dirty spots will help with the low flow spots, churn and burn. if you have deep sand bed though, probably do not want to disturb the lower portion of the sand bed, some nasty stuff down there. also sounds like your clownfish are 'hubba hubba-ing' each other. that is good too !

OP
OP
rporter996

rporter996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like your tank is progressing as it should :) i have found that if your sandbed is not SUPER DEEP, turning off all the flow and lightly turkey basting the dirty spots will help with the low flow spots, churn and burn. if you have deep sand bed though, probably do not want to disturb the lower portion of the sand bed, some nasty stuff down there. also sounds like your clownfish are 'hubba hubba-ing' each other. that is good too !
I'll have to get a video of the clowns tonight and a pic of what I'm talking about on the sand. I'll post something later tonight for ya.

OP
OP
rporter996

rporter996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to get a video of the clowns tonight and a pic of what I'm talking about on the sand. I'll post something later tonight for ya.
Here's a picture of the small brown dots on the sand and rocks.

Attachments

• 20230131_184459.jpg
    20230131_184459.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 20

Sir Kon Salty Sox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look to be beginning of diatom bloom, just monitor your levels get a grasp of what your average parameters are try to stay consistent and give your dry live rock a good Turkey basting every couple of days

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back