New Clownfish not Eating?

JtheFishMan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2021
Messages
92
Reaction score
53
Location
Stone Mountain, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one new clownfish, and it’s been in the tank for 3 days now. I’ve tried feeding them both (I had one in the tank before getting the new one).

The new one is acting normally, swimming actively. When I drop the pellet in, the clownfish either swims away fast along the glass, or takes the pellet in it’s mouth and spits it back out. I think she’s eaten 2 pellets in total in the past 3 days, from what I’ve counted.

Any recommendations? Is it that she’s not used to eating this new food?
 
I got one new clownfish, and it’s been in the tank for 3 days now. I’ve tried feeding them both (I had one in the tank before getting the new one).

The new one is acting normally, swimming actively. When I drop the pellet in, the clownfish either swims away fast along the glass, or takes the pellet in it’s mouth and spits it back out. I think she’s eaten 2 pellets in total in the past 3 days, from what I’ve counted.

Any recommendations? Is it that she’s not used to eating this new food?
Too many stores recommending flake and pellets as a clown diet
Offer frozen foods such as LRS fish frenzy, spirulina brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and formula one frozen
 
I'm new to saltwater but my clowns will only eat the smallest pieces of flakes (my freshwater fish would eat anything they didn't care). I tend to have to feed frozen brine and I add some selcon and let it thaw. They go crazy for. I still add some flake but they need it ground up heavily.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new