New Clownfish not Eating?

JtheFishMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one new clownfish, and it’s been in the tank for 3 days now. I’ve tried feeding them both (I had one in the tank before getting the new one).

The new one is acting normally, swimming actively. When I drop the pellet in, the clownfish either swims away fast along the glass, or takes the pellet in it’s mouth and spits it back out. I think she’s eaten 2 pellets in total in the past 3 days, from what I’ve counted.

Any recommendations? Is it that she’s not used to eating this new food?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got one new clownfish, and it’s been in the tank for 3 days now. I’ve tried feeding them both (I had one in the tank before getting the new one).

The new one is acting normally, swimming actively. When I drop the pellet in, the clownfish either swims away fast along the glass, or takes the pellet in it’s mouth and spits it back out. I think she’s eaten 2 pellets in total in the past 3 days, from what I’ve counted.

Any recommendations? Is it that she’s not used to eating this new food?
Too many stores recommending flake and pellets as a clown diet
Offer frozen foods such as LRS fish frenzy, spirulina brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and formula one frozen

Hebrewhammer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to saltwater but my clowns will only eat the smallest pieces of flakes (my freshwater fish would eat anything they didn't care). I tend to have to feed frozen brine and I add some selcon and let it thaw. They go crazy for. I still add some flake but they need it ground up heavily.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back