New Clownfish started this..

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
67
Reaction score
39
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my clownfish was drip acclimated and bought from my LFS. He was doing good and all in the bag and during the drip. I had the light off when he was dripping and released into the tank. He was swimming “normal” with the light off. As soon as the light went on he retreated to the corner in the picture. He has been swimming head up like this and even was eating head up! Is this normal? I know clowns can be, well, clowns, but I just want to make sure my little one is safe.

Water Parameters:
0ppm Ammonia
0ppm Nitrate
0ppm Nitrite
PH 8.0
Temp:79
S.g 1.026

he has eaten and is interested in food. There is a video as well.


07172B12-94A8-4856-9B0D-420404276E09.jpeg
 
I wouldn't worry about it. Mine slept on their sides at the top of the tank for years.
 
I wouldn't worry about it. Mine slept on their sides at the top of the tank for years.
Okay that’s what I have been seeing doing research. When the light went out for bed time he kinda just moved around a bit then went back to his corner. Maybe he needs a friend? Is he stressed?
 
Just getting accustomed to their new home.
 
So my clownfish was drip acclimated and bought from my LFS. He was doing good and all in the bag and during the drip. I had the light off when he was dripping and released into the tank. He was swimming “normal” with the light off. As soon as the light went on he retreated to the corner in the picture. He has been swimming head up like this and even was eating head up! Is this normal? I know clowns can be, well, clowns, but I just want to make sure my little one is safe.

Water Parameters:
0ppm Ammonia
0ppm Nitrate
0ppm Nitrite
PH 8.0
Temp:79
S.g 1.026

he has eaten and is interested in food. There is a video as well.


07172B12-94A8-4856-9B0D-420404276E09.jpeg
Update- he is behaving better now that he has found his other family members.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new