New Clownfish Staying on sand bed

TommyChig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 2nd clownfish two days ago and he has had me worried since being in the tank. He alternates between swimming around the tank to laying down in the sand bed for up to hours at a time I'm sure. I have my female in a breeding box because I'm scared shes going to nip at him. He seemed to play dead when the FSW took him out of the tank, and he doesn't seem to be struggling, I'm just worried. Water parameters are good and my female is lively and well. Does anyone have any advice? Should i Keep my female in the box until the newly introduced clown starts swimming more often? Should I switch the fish or do I just allow the fish to do its thing? Lights have been off to avoid extra stress as he wasn't liking them. He was doing this with them on aswell

freepizza80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown pair stays on or near the sand bad almost all the time. If the fish looks okay, I wouldn't bother it. If it's sick, then not much you can do to save him so let him be.

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can post a short video it will really help
This is what mine is doing drip acclimated it and then released. I feel like I did my part it's just figuring my tank out. Piggy backed into this post haha sorry

Attachments

• PXL_20230218_224510127.TS.mp4
    48.2 MB

BigYD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. Just got now clowns from petco and it took the Lady 10 minutes and them she squashed it against the glass. After acclamation they ate a ton then they just sat at the bottom. Now today came down and they’re on the sand bed and seem pretty non-interested when I fed them. I hope there not stressed out too much and if it’s not stress I have no idea what it is and would love to solve the problem.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back