New container still Leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I just bought a month ago from Aquacave. I have them stored in my house. I wanted to have one in stock when I start my tank. I just started my build and when I picked one up I saw a build up on the wood stand. Also the containers look swollen with pressure. I think that is the problem. Here are some pictures.
20180526_103244 (768x1024).jpg
20180526_103302 (768x1024).jpg
20180526_103317 (768x1024).jpg

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer. I've had this happen a few times and now immediately store the solutions in glass containers upon arrival.

OP
OP
flex13

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah going to buy some glass containers asap. I wont be using it for a while. I think the pressure is the issue, they are swollen.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a follow-up, my containers from Aquarium Specialty from the same period also leaked. I'd say about 1/3 of them are gone.

Reminder to everyone to immediately transfer to new container. This happened with my last set as well in addition to my boron supplement. I thought the new containers were fixed, but apparently an open and known issue.

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a core7 shipment this past Friday from Aquacave. They shipped me the old milk carton style containers. They have not leaked but I don't trust them. I'll transfer the solutions to better containers today.

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me, I stored two sets of Core7 and after a month they leaked all over my floor, ruining the wood. Triton were nice enough to say they would replace the damaged items but then I got radio silence from them regarding whether they shipped them or not and any ETA. They showed up on my doorstep today (the Core7, not Triton). I appreciate the replacements but the lack of response to this serious issue is very poor.

Tim told me they advise not to store the liquids in the cartons for a long time, to which I say then why use them at all and where are these warnings?

Obviously the move to the cheap cartons has been a disaster and the theories about the US postal carriers being too rough on the cartons holds less water now that the cartons are failing just sitting in storage.

I like the Triton method and I hope this bad decision doesn't affect them to the point of seriously damaging their business or them getting sued.
IMG_8342.png
IMG_8340.png
IMG_8337.png

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flex13 shoot me an email Tim@TritonDW, I'll get you sorted out with a new set.

We have a new iteration of packaging that will address this long term seeping issue.

Third time the charm? Why not salvage what little credibility Triton has left and admit you made a mistake and go back to the plastic containers?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me, I stored two sets of Core7 and after a month they leaked all over my floor, ruining the wood. Triton were nice enough to say they would replace the damaged items but then I got radio silence from them regarding whether they shipped them or not and any ETA. They showed up on my doorstep today (the Core7, not Triton). I appreciate the replacements but the lack of response to this serious issue is very poor.

Tim told me they advise not to store the liquids in the cartons for a long time, to which I say then why use them at all and where are these warnings?

Obviously the move to the cheap cartons has been a disaster and the theories about the US postal carriers being too rough on the cartons holds less water now that the cartons are failing just sitting in storage.

I like the Triton method and I hope this bad decision doesn't affect them to the point of seriously damaging their business or them getting sued.
IMG_8342.png
IMG_8340.png
IMG_8337.png

Good they atleast replaced them but I would be losing my mind over that floor:mad:

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Third time the charm? Why not salvage what little credibility Triton has left and admit you made a mistake and go back to the plastic containers?

Is anyone aware if Triton has accepted liability for consequential damages like this?

Not being funny, but seriously dude. Do you even use Triton? All I read from you is a crusade of trolling in every Triton thread you post in. We get it. The cartons are a well intentioned, but IMO bad idea. I want them to go back to plastic bottles, but they are clearly not going to change. Your dislike of the company/cartons/etc is noted and stated many, many, many times, so why not move on?

Don't use their method, don't buy their products. Personally I think that Ford, Chevy and Buick make the worst cars on the planet, but I don't constantly troll their boards telling them how appalling they are... I go and buy an Audi, or a Tesla and move on with my life...

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being funny, but seriously dude. Do you even use Triton? All I read from you is a crusade of trolling in every Triton thread you post in. We get it. The cartons are a well intentioned, but IMO bad idea. I want them to go back to plastic bottles, but they are clearly not going to change. Your dislike of the company/cartons/etc is noted and stated many, many, many times, so why not move on?

Don't use their method, don't buy their products. Personally I think that Ford, Chevy and Buick make the worst cars on the planet, but I don't constantly troll their boards telling them how appalling they are... I go and buy an Audi, or a Tesla and move on with my life...

He posted a legit question. Has Triton taken responsibility for damages incurred from their faulty product? It doesn't matter if he has used their product or not.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If only I hadn’t invested about 10 grand into Triton’s method... but alas you are ultimately correct, I am NOT currently using Triton, because I CANT GET IT!!

Interesting you should mention another German company, Audi. Didn’t they just arrest their President for lying about their engine emmisions, tampering with witnesses and impeding the investigation in Germany? FWIW, I do drive a German EV - not because it’s good for the environment (that’s just a side benefit - 8,102 lbs of CO2 saved in ~15K miles), but a 456% reduction in monthly fuel costs.

He posted a legit question. Has Triton taken responsibility for damages incurred from their faulty product? It doesn't matter if he has used their product or not.

That was a real question Opus, thanks. Has anyone received anything other than replacement product for a leaking carton?

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a real question Opus, thanks. Has anyone received anything other than replacement product for a leaking carton?

Their product ruined my hardwood floor - no offer to compensate me other than replace the $52 per pack cost, floor repair will cost several times that.[/QUOTE]

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their product ruined my hardwood floor - no offer to compensate me other than replace the $52 per pack cost, floor repair will cost several times that.
[/QUOTE]

That sucks, but I suspect if any of our reefing chemicals, (Calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, carbonate etc etc) split or leaked on a varnished or lacquered floor, it would have the same effect. All of my chemicals are in plastic boxes as I've had spillages/leaks before.

Obviously the packaging sucks and if it were me, I'd be trying to claim too, but I'd never put any of these things on a wooden floor like that.

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were triple packed and leaked thru two boxes and a plastic bag - no matter what surface they were placed on it would be ruined.

To me, the lack of response from Triton to my emails and to this thread is the best indicator that they really don't care. Over to ATI for me.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had a custom table ruined by leaking Triton containers. But no I don't expect anything from Triton to compensate. This is simply bad luck from a company trying to progress the hobby while not further polluting the ocean with more plastic. This world has gone to hell with every one suing each other over every last thing. **** happens. Get over it and move on.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back