New Critter ID

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By best guess is a baby flat worm based on images that I’ve seen from other people. Maybe a pod? if not, it’s my best excuse to pull the trigger and get a melanurus.
6C879194-11FB-47DF-AE63-1FCB1929DECF.jpeg
 
is it moving? swimming erratically or crawling? i take crawlies out of the tank.
 
is it moving? swimming erratically or crawling? i take crawlies out of the tank.
seems to be slowly crawling. I have quite a few but they seem to move slowly because they’ve each moved about an inch since yesterday..
 
i hope someone can ID them for you but i would remove them and keep an eye on my corals for next few days.
do you have any worm eating wrasses?
 
i hope someone can ID them for you but i would remove them and keep an eye on my corals for next few days.
do you have any worm eating wrasses?
My corals look fine for now... I’ve been wanting a melanurus for quite some time now so I’ll probably get one tomorrow.
 
My corals look fine for now... I’ve been wanting a melanurus for quite some time now so I’ll probably get one tomorrow.
make sure you QT it properly. or source it from a reliable place.
u dont want to start other issues. ;Drowning
 
make sure you QT it properly. or source it from a reliable place.
u dont want to start other issues. ;Drowning
QT is always the way, those guys always have flukes and internal parasites. he’s going to be cleaned up before he goes in :cool:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new