New Cycle Advice?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LMyers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LMyers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently cycling new 300ltr reef tank but it’s my first time using dr Tim’s ammonia dosing and I think I overdosed from what Seneye was telling me.

So I dosed the ammonia 7 days and and then I dosed atm colony 4 days later.
All week my Seneye slide has been telling me my ammonia is 0.499 which isn’t jumped up once I added the drops.

I just got salifert ammonia and nitrite to compare.

(Seneye/Salifert) Ammonia: 0.5
(Salifert) Nitrite: 1
(Hannah) Nitrate: 11.3
(Seneye) PH: 8.32
(Hannah) Salinity: 1.025
(Temp controller & Hannah) Temp: 24.8

Am I right into thinking it’s mid cycle since I’m getting nitrate or am I getting this reading due to possibly overdosing ammonia?

Also with the Seneye is 0.499 the max reading it goes upto ?

IMG_8132.png
 
if nitrate is rising, you are good. just give it time for ammonia and nitrite to drop to zero.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new