New fish and new drama

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Well I have a 120 g where my main two fish are a pair of Blue Throat Triggerfish. The male is big for a bluejaw. And he is very territorial. I purchased a Niger Triggerfish yesterday and the Bluejaw was going to fight it to the death. The Bluejaw is bigger. And meaner. Luckily I have a 90 gallon with another pair of Bluethroat triggers and that male is only territorial for one part of the the aquarium. So the Niger has a home.
 
glad you could remedy that - my Blue jaw (male) is a ***** cat, but there are no other triggers in the tank

only Niger I have had (decades ago) was a confident leader of its tank.

Good luck - might want to limit your trigger load now... smile
 
Yeah. every fish is different too. I also purchased two maroons but they were the same size so they are in separate tanks. The one in the big tank attacks me whenever I go in the tank. Other one does not. My big blue jaw doesn't want large predators in there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new