New (Gifted Anemone)

BayouBandits

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2025
Messages
31
Reaction score
36
Location
Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I have been gifted a bubble tip anemone. It was purchased, for me, from Tidal Gardens last week. I've always wanted one, but I never took the dive.

My question is about quarantine. Since my wife got sick last year, I haven't had my quarantine up and running. I have spare live rock, because I had to combine a couple of tanks b/c of the craziness of the last year+ and can have it up and running today. Obviously it won't meet the "6 month rule". So do I quarantine in a "new" quarantine tank, or am I better putting it in an established stable Tank?
 
You can put it in the established tank. There's not real need to QT a BTA, especially one from a reputable dealer like TG. They usually can acclimate quickly, assuming your tank has the standard lighting and water parameters that a BTA needs to thrive.
 
agree, no need to quarantine a nem from a reputable vendor. They don't carry fish or coral pathogens, to my knowledge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new