New goni frag closed for four days

Bereefme

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first post on R2R. I’m new to reefing. I have a 40b with LPS and softies—almost 6 mos old. Everything looks amazing! I’ve never really had trouble with any new corals. I wanted to try goniopora, and I found a tiny but gorgeous neon pink frag at my LFS. After paying WAY too much for a frag at my experience level, I took it home and it was doing great for a few days, and then it started retracting and a few days later it was completely closed. It’s been closed for about four days now. I had started it off on the sand bed under moderate light and flow and have tried moving it to lower light and flow areas with no response. Any advice would be most welcome.
My parameters are:
Salinity:34.7
Alk: 8.4
NO3: 13.0 (dosing NeoNitro shooting for 10.0)
PO3: 0.18 (little higher than normal)
Ca: 490
Mg: 1600

tank details (I went for cheap so I can stay married): 40b, 29g sump, nicrew 100w lights x 2, sicce voayger 2 wavemakers with wave surfer controller, reef octopus skimmer, chaeto in fuge with 100w cheap grow light, RODI water with ATO. I dose 2 part as needed. 10% water changed weekly (yesterday most recent), UV sterilizer (controlling an ongoing dino issue), and a bag of carbon between the fuge and return.
Pics below:

EB09AC37-A295-418D-9823-6B94A3685F92.jpeg 1549D402-DB85-4DF7-8CD0-7DC8CA717C38.jpeg 1D899CC6-60DB-401E-BB09-E0029EBB38F8.jpeg
 
This is my first post on R2R. I’m new to reefing. I have a 40b with LPS and softies—almost 6 mos old. Everything looks amazing! I’ve never really had trouble with any new corals. I wanted to try goniopora, and I found a tiny but gorgeous neon pink frag at my LFS. After paying WAY too much for a frag at my experience level, I took it home and it was doing great for a few days, and then it started retracting and a few days later it was completely closed. It’s been closed for about four days now. I had started it off on the sand bed under moderate light and flow and have tried moving it to lower light and flow areas with no response. Any advice would be most welcome.
My parameters are:
Salinity:34.7
Alk: 8.4
NO3: 13.0 (dosing NeoNitro shooting for 10.0)
PO3: 0.18 (little higher than normal)
Ca: 490
Mg: 1600

tank details (I went for cheap so I can stay married): 40b, 29g sump, nicrew 100w lights x 2, sicce voayger 2 wavemakers with wave surfer controller, reef octopus skimmer, chaeto in fuge with 100w cheap grow light, RODI water with ATO. I dose 2 part as needed. 10% water changed weekly (yesterday most recent), UV sterilizer (controlling an ongoing dino issue), and a bag of carbon between the fuge and return.
Pics below:

EB09AC37-A295-418D-9823-6B94A3685F92.jpeg 1549D402-DB85-4DF7-8CD0-7DC8CA717C38.jpeg 1D899CC6-60DB-401E-BB09-E0029EBB38F8.jpeg
*PO4 (phosphate)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new