New guy

Erikhsf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my name is Erik. I have been doing reef tanks since 2003 but have been very laced in the hobby. My friend gave me my first tank for 300. It was nice 75 gal with sump and skimmer t5 and halide. I think all I had to buy was power heads. My fish stores in santa cruz suck so I learned everything from them and was not a big computer guy ( and the internet was nothing like it was now) so I read a saltwater book and went for it. Had that tank with the same equipment ( I may have changed some pumps) and mostly soft and maybe 1 or 2 LPS and the tank was on cruise control for years minimum water changes but looks great. 2011 the tank cracked and didn't know what to do but found a friend to take the live stock to his tank and the rest of the equipment. I decided not to rebuild because of the cost. I had a 400 electric bill that I never questioned I just thought that's what electricity costs. I was blown away when I saw my first bill with those lights and pumps lol. 2016 took my son to an aquarium and was showing him all the stuff there we had that he couldn't remember. So the next day we started a nano. Same thing as last just go off what I know another cruise control most soft reef. So this pandemic hits board off my butt finally checked out YouTube O My God! I have not even scratched the surface of how a tank can be. Got the nano amazing and am going back to a decent size got a red sea reefer 250. I am taking my start up super slow part due to money and part to do it a well a possible. BRS is like always running in the background it seems and have learned a ton from them on how to set the tank up. But this time I am going to get involved with the community online it's about time I learn this hobby I have been doing for 18yrs. If anyone has suggestions on what I need to do before I put water in please let me know. I have not decided on auto water change (I still haven't got ato on any of my tanks) or some of the controler for the tank like apex. So anything you recommend or if there is a section for used equipment I choose the worst time economically but great time wise lol. Thanks for letting me rant lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome
BAB6D679-9C35-4C6D-8E9D-C319C79DC5C6.gif

Back