New Gyre Models

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is always best with two flow pumps but may not be necessary on newly set up reefs with minimal coral growth. I would suggest the XF230 placed horizontally near the surface on one of the short sides on your 4ft long tank. Then as your corals grow and the needs for more random flow throughout our reef, all you have to get is one 230 pump itself. It will plug right into your existing controller with one power supply. The XF250 requires a min of a 5ft tank to take advantage of the flow patterns but really works well with 6-8ft long tanks.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still love my gyres
bb2ba75acf388ea0f64ded599e4e5c59.jpg

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the VDM module or icecap module needed to control one of these pumps with the new apex wifi model?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the VDM module or icecap module needed to control one of these pumps with the new apex wifi model?
The Icecap module is needed to control the Maxspect Gyre pump via 0-10V through the Apex. Unfortunetly you can not connect the Gyres to the Apex wirelessly. You can wirelessly control the gyres using the Maxspect Connect (wifi box) and the latest Syna-G 2.0 app

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Icecap module is needed to control the Maxspect Gyre pump via 0-10V through the Apex. Unfortunetly you can not connect the Gyres to the Apex wirelessly. You can wirelessly control the gyres using the Maxspect Connect (wifi box) and the latest Syna-G 2.0 app
sorry i mean by wifi, i meant the newest version of the apex controller. there is a 0-10v plug on the new controller with out having to buy the VDM. will this work or is there still an extra module needed?
Capture.JPG

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to this. I have 2 XF330s and just setting up the flow schedule on syna g. When I click on presets I can only see the first 3. I cannot see the oceanic gyre or LTC options. The drop down list does not expand or scroll. I can select those manually on the pump controller.

And.. with all the versatility between presets and manual options, I couldn’t even begin to know what is best. Red Sea 400s 110 gallons. I’m inclined to use either oceanic gyre or lunar tidal since they reflect actual flow patterns. But...how would I know which is better.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to this. I have 2 XF330s and just setting up the flow schedule on syna g. When I click on presets I can only see the first 3. I cannot see the oceanic gyre or LTC options. The drop down list does not expand or scroll. I can select those manually on the pump controller.

And.. with all the versatility between presets and manual options, I couldn’t even begin to know what is best. Red Sea 400s 110 gallons. I’m inclined to use either oceanic gyre or lunar tidal since they reflect actual flow patterns. But...how would I know which is better.

Hi Thanks for your support. You could check the presets on Easy Setup Pages on APP, as shown as below;
Easy Setup1.png
Easy Setup2.png

Preset modes(OGC Oceanic Gyre Cycle and LTC Lunar Tidal Cycle) , they are the presets mimicking the nature.
Oceanic Gyre Cycle and LTC Lunar Tidal Cycle are what we recommend to use to mimick natural environment.
The minimum and maximum settings for these presets are just for reference, not the real minimum and maximum flow,
These parameters will be put into a formula to work out the randomly nature-mimicking minimum and maximum flow.

And we also provide the new function "Wax and wane" for you to turn on.
As shown in picture below. The "Wax and Wane" Function is on, and "D1" means Day 1 of Lunar Cycle, "D2" means Day 2 etc...

Once you turn on the wax and wane function, the mode will extend 2 minutes per hour,
leading to extending 48 minutes per day, mimicking the moon rising 48 mins later everyday than previous day.
Eventually, 30 days will be a circle.
Gyre Lunar.jpg
123.jpg

For OGC and LTC pattern, you could check on our website:
http://www.maxspect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=322&Itemid=750&lang=en
Actually, they are just mimicking the nature. Because there are different living creatures, different landscapes
in different tanks. It is a complicate environment, and we could not tell which mode or which preset is better to your tank.
It needs you to run some tests, for example, select ITC and check whether your livings love it, whether it will mess up your
sand or corals or not...
It will take some time to find out the mode which is most suitable to your tank.
Please kindly have a test, and have fun.

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think I’m finally ok. I played around some but ended up with OHC on lunar tidal running at +60 and -40. Any higher and the LTA got loose. All the LPS seem good with full extension (hammer, goniopora, ETC). Hopefully the SPS are happy too. Anything is better than being blasted by the powerheads I had. It was a little frustrating on getting things set up (operator error) but now I LOVE THEM!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back